PDA

View Full Version : New Member

ukenyc
12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Been playing guitar very seriously for about 3 1/2 years. Two years ago, visited my mother in Honolulu with my wife and daughter and got a Koaloha Concert uke from the factory. Been fooling around it, though not very seriously.

This month I went the the 2nd Annual Beatles Complete On Uke Festival at the Brooklyn Bowl in Brooklyn, Ny. Met some people and got some pointers for a relative beginner and had a great time.

For the past month I've been obsessed with the uke, now that I have some sense of what you can do with it. Amazing how much faster you can learn with you have someone giving you a pointer in real time. Something happened and my playing just opened up big time and I feel like I'm in touch with the instrument for the first time.

Found this forum online and it is my favorite Uke forum. So now I'm a member and the craziness is hitting-- already want two more ukes-- a super soprano and a tenor. I thought it would end with a mandolin. It never stops.

Papa Dave
12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm glad that you found your way here. Welcome to UU!

Rzr
12-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to UU, enjoy!

SailQwest
12-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Welcome to UU!

seeso
12-19-2009, 02:47 AM
No sir, it does not stop! We're glad you found your way over here, and even more glad that the uke has opened up for you. You have made a wise decision on that KoAloha. Love their instruments.

Welcome! :shaka:

ukenyc
12-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm very happy to be a member of this forum.