Greetings from newbie in Southern California

Rheab

Reaction score
Hi, folks. So I caught the uke bug recently and just bought a pineapple Lanikai LU-21P and am very happy with it. I literally received it 24 hours ago and can't seem to put it down.

The uke is my first stringed instrument - I am an amateur classical pianist and also played alto sax back in the day. I just spoke to the inimitable Tom Seymour - the owner of the Fret House in Covina, CA (tons of acoustic guitars and some ukes, too) - and he said that my music background will help me learn the uke. I hope so, because I would love to learn not just popular tunes, but I want to transpose a few Baroque pieces on the uke. I bet Bach would have liked the uke had he heard it! :)

Hi, folks. So I caught the uke bug recently and just bought a pineapple Lanikai LU-21P and am very happy with it. I literally received it 24 hours ago and can't seem to put it down.

I want to transpose a few Baroque pieces on the uke. I bet Bach would have liked the uke had he heard it! :)

And so it begins... :) if you want some already transposed Baroque pieces check out Jamie Holding on Ukulele Social Club:
http://ukulelesocialclub.ning.com/profiles/members/?q=Jamie+Holding

Hello, Rheab! Glad you found us. Looking forward to your contributions! :shaka:

welcome from another so cal (san diego) uke novice, uu newbie, and musically challenged koaloha owner ;)

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! And thanks, Ukelegal, for the tip on teh baroque uke links. Yes, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley - SGV ukies unite!

Thanks for the Bach links! King is actually a main reason why I decided to pick up the uke. I saw a Youtube video of him playing Bach's Prelude in C (Well-Tempered Clavier, Bk 1), and I was intrigued.

Top Bottom