Hi, from Holland

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm Stef and I got for my bithday an ukulele build kit, it is nearly done and because its vacation over here, i hope to be playing soon :)
I already play the guitar for an year, and I am in the band named "Beauty and the Beast" with an good friend :D but i dont think you heard about us.
I like to go longboarding or sailing in the summer.
anyway are there any other dutch ukulele players?

ciao :)

p.s. i'm an lefty ;)

Welkom from a very newbie and goededag, Ik not dutch but work in a dutch facility here Australia. Where in the Netherlands are you?

Cheers Tony

Welcome to the Underground, Stef! Let us know how the kit is coming along, eh? :shaka:

thanks for the welcome
i live in Almere about 12feet (4meter) under sealevel :D
The ukulele is done when I glue the brige on the uke, but is only woodglue going to stick? or do i need crews or something?

oh and does someone as some advise on strings? i think i can get them at the local music store but if i can choose between some brands or sizes witch one to choose?

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Hallo en welkom op Ukulele Underground!

I am a Dutchie now living in Australia.

You don't need screws to hold the bridge down, but make sure you let the glue dry properly before stringing it up. Aquila strings is what many people prefer, but I doubt your local store would have them. Buy them online (there's ukulelewinkel.nl I believe).

Top Bottom