Conversions tenor to baritone

pahider

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can find a chart, etc., that will convert a song's chords written for a tenor uke to a baritone uke (DGBE tuning)? I've got a bunch of music written for the tenor. I can play it on the baritone, but to sing along I've either got to ice my neck to get the low notes, or yank up on my pants to get the high ones. Thanks, Phil

I used to have one I made...can't find it.

What I did was write in colored marker the baritone chord next to the soprano (or soprano) chord fingering. Pretty easy and very low tech. :)

If you want to do it:
Soprano/Baritone
C/G
D/A
E/B
F/C
G/D
A/E
B/F#

chordie.com check bottom right of song, or just play the guitar chord shown on 1st 4 strings.

At first I thought, "what are you talking about? An A chord is an A chord" Then I saw Sailquest's response and I understood, you're asking about transposing chord figures, that makes a lot more sense...and I feel stupid now. Especially, since I play both Bari and tenor and never pieced this conversion together myself:D

I'll just throw this out for consideration, they make GCEA string sets for baritone. If you predominately play tenor, and only occasionally play bari, i would set up the bari in GCEA. Unless, the idea is to learn something new, which is cool too.

:shaka:

They also make DGBE strings for Tenors too.

Top Bottom