Anybody in the Toronto (Canada) area?

1uke

Reaction score
I'm a beginner uke player in Mississauga and I was just wondering if there was anybody else in my area? I'm also looking for uke lessons but I'm managing really well with ukulele underground's forums and videos.:)

I wish! I lived in toronto for a year and a half, and I grew up in thunder bay. But I'm in Alberta now. If I still lived there I'd hop on a train and we'd totally jam

Well maybe I'm the only one on this forum... Man it's kind of lonely and cold up here hahahaha, just kidding!!! I should become the Toronto ambassador. :D haha

Hey! I'm in Brampton. I don't know of too many uke players around here. There is a tiny ukulele group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2252585487

There are only a handful of members there. Oh, I just got my cousin playing the uke so there's one more in the T-dot. So that makes what, 8? Hahaha!

I'm in the tdot

I 've got acouple of friends who play too.

T. Stand UP!!!!!!

yo whats up! im just startin out in the UKE game but i live in toronto around yonge and steeles, sorry i dont really have much knowledge to share but im earger to learn and play. so lemme know brah! hopefully we can link up and jam, we gotta hold it down for the UKE up north.

Baby Toronto Uker

Hello fellow Torontonians/Ontarians/Canadians! :p

Just started learning the uke yesterday so it would be awesome to learn from you seasoned peeps whenever. Does anybody have a digital tuner? I can't seem to tune my ukulele properly. :(

Oh yeah, i live around the North York area. :)

ukulele newby in Brant

Hi. I am retired, with no musical training, and I walked into a music store in Brantford Ontario one day last Spring and bought a cheapie uke. That was all they had. Thanks to You Tube's inspirational performers, and the internet, I have been able to have a lot of fun. My enthusiasm makes up for a lack of, ahem, talent. It is too bad that there are not better ukuleles available in more music stores. I bought a baritone uke a few months later, and when I was visiting family in Ottawa, I purchased an Oscar Schmidt concert soprano. All these ukes work, but they either buzz or the action wrecks me.
The reviews on You Tube are helping me. I plan to visit the RISA factory in Germany in May/June and am considering a tenor uke stick. That way I can practice quietly, or play with more volume outside. I live in the country where that is possible. Any suggestions as to what strings would be a good match? I have been reading that fluorocarbon strings (what is commonly put on the RISA) is really fishing line.

Top Bottom