For sale: Worth Clear 6 string tenor strings

eculuke

Reaction score
I meant to order regular 4 string tenor strings from MGM but accidentally ordered the 6 string pack. Still brand new in pack, I am located in NC and can ship out Monday. Let me know if your interested. Would also trade for a pack of regular tenor worth Clear. $15 + shipping

I meant to order regular 4 string tenor strings from MGM but accidentally ordered the 6 string pack. Still brand new in pack, I am located in NC and can ship out Monday. Let me know if your interested. Would also trade for a pack of regular tenor worth Clear. $15 + shipping

why dont u just use 4 strings out of the six pack?? :confused:

You can sell the g and a string separately and still have a complete 4 string set.

I wasnt sure if that would work the same. I looked at the diameter of the regular 4 string pack and it was different

Would you mind listing the diameters for the 6 string set? The 6 string should use the basic strings (G C E A) as a 4 string set. The doubled set should be the (1st course) with a low A and the C string (3rd course) should be an octave up.

I have heard that the doubled strings are thinner than strings that are not doubled. That would compensate for the higher string tension of holding down more strings at a time, and make the uke easier to play. Even at that, I found the 8 string ukes a little too hard tension-wise for my hands. The 6 string was OK though.

–Lori

I think that you could just use the G C E A strings and string up your 4 stringer with no issues. I know that I have done that in the past with 6 string set.

I have heard that the doubled strings are thinner than strings that are not doubled. That would compensate for the higher string tension of holding down more strings at a time, and make the uke easier to play. Even at that, I found the 8 string ukes a little too hard tension-wise for my hands. The 6 string was OK though.

–Lori

I agree with you. The 8 string was harsh on the fingers.

Top Bottom