Get a hard case... please!

baumer

Reaction score
I was hanging out with my daughter this morning. Just went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and this is what I come back to...

picture.php

picture.php

My advice: get a hard case... and if you have one, use it!

she is adorable...those little feetie pajamas!

Either that or don't leave an uke laying on the ground... Makes for a great stepping stool!

I'm worried about the one on the bookcase! :eek:
I can just see her wanting to hand it to you, and dropping it in the process.:uhoh:
And, are those latches closed on the tweed case? Maybe you need to send those ukes over here for safe keeping!:rolleyes:

–Lori

lol, thanks guys. Everyone told me that when they start moving on their own, it's all over. They were right!

Awful, awful, cute! No harm, no foul. I have that same case and a young one about that age, and he loves flipping all the latches open and closed. The uke's rarely in there, so he's gotten tired of actually opening it...

Nice pics, great one for the album.

I'm also concerned about the one on the bookcase, I know you don't get much sun in England, but I have had a clarinet crack after being on a windowsill in the sun.

ha thanks guys, I think she's pretty cute too, but I completely recognize my bias!

clayton, I guess I should clarify, I'm in NY... but there's not much sun here either! Anyway, the uke on top of the case (old mahogany laminate baritone) is usually in a stand and I just put it up there a couple minutes earlier because she was grabbing at it in the stand. I guess I just grabbed the camera without thinking about what a bad uke caretaker this would make me look like! :eek:

ha thanks guys, I think she's pretty cute too, but I completely recognize my bias!

clayton, I guess I should clarify, I'm in NY... but there's not much sun here either! Anyway, the uke on top of the case (old mahogany laminate baritone) is usually in a stand and I just put it up there a couple minutes earlier because she was grabbing at it in the stand. I guess I just grabbed the camera without thinking about what a bad uke caretaker this would make me look like! :eek:

Well, now you know. She is not only cute, but smart and fast. And she likes stringed instruments! That's a pretty good combo. Looks like you need a beater uke for her. Given some time, you might have another uke player in the family.

–Lori

Top Bottom