PDA

View Full Version : Get a hard case... please!

baumer
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I was hanging out with my daughter this morning. Just went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and this is what I come back to...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=734&pictureid=4318

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=734&pictureid=4319

My advice: get a hard case... and if you have one, use it!

UKISOCIETY
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
At least there was bacon waiting for you too.:D

ritzer012
12-19-2009, 06:21 PM
she is adorable...those little feetie pajamas!

baumer
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
At least there was bacon waiting for you too.:D

eh, that breed's a bit too polyethylene flavored for me. Wilbur's safe! ;)

she is adorable...those little feetie pajamas!

Thanks ritzer! They make them in adult sizes too... you're never too old for feetie pajamas!

rpeters
12-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Either that or don't leave an uke laying on the ground... Makes for a great stepping stool!

Lori
12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm worried about the one on the bookcase! :eek:
I can just see her wanting to hand it to you, and dropping it in the process.:uhoh:
And, are those latches closed on the tweed case? Maybe you need to send those ukes over here for safe keeping!:rolleyes:

–Lori

Brewerpaul
12-20-2009, 01:22 AM
She just wanted to play your uke!

Cute 'lil thing, she is.

Sambient
12-20-2009, 01:39 AM
I am a hard case.

baumer
12-20-2009, 04:05 AM
lol, thanks guys. Everyone told me that when they start moving on their own, it's all over. They were right!

seeso
12-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Baumer! She's outright adorable! HAHA!

ukecantdothat
12-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Awful, awful, cute! No harm, no foul. I have that same case and a young one about that age, and he loves flipping all the latches open and closed. The uke's rarely in there, so he's gotten tired of actually opening it...

clayton56
12-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Nice pics, great one for the album.

I'm also concerned about the one on the bookcase, I know you don't get much sun in England, but I have had a clarinet crack after being on a windowsill in the sun.

baumer
12-20-2009, 09:25 AM
ha thanks guys, I think she's pretty cute too, but I completely recognize my bias!

clayton, I guess I should clarify, I'm in NY... but there's not much sun here either! Anyway, the uke on top of the case (old mahogany laminate baritone) is usually in a stand and I just put it up there a couple minutes earlier because she was grabbing at it in the stand. I guess I just grabbed the camera without thinking about what a bad uke caretaker this would make me look like! :o

haole
12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
The maker of that case could use this as an advertisement. ;) Adorable little girl!

Lori
12-20-2009, 10:00 AM
ha thanks guys, I think she's pretty cute too, but I completely recognize my bias!

clayton, I guess I should clarify, I'm in NY... but there's not much sun here either! Anyway, the uke on top of the case (old mahogany laminate baritone) is usually in a stand and I just put it up there a couple minutes earlier because she was grabbing at it in the stand. I guess I just grabbed the camera without thinking about what a bad uke caretaker this would make me look like! :o

Well, now you know. She is not only cute, but smart and fast. And she likes stringed instruments! That's a pretty good combo. Looks like you need a beater uke for her. Given some time, you might have another uke player in the family.

–Lori