I'm just braggin'

You takes yer yayas where you can find 'em!

Absolutely!! I play alot for my kids, with my neighbors, but have yet to hit the open mic circuit (well, theres one bar down the street that I could make it to). My kahanes will have to grow abit more before I do that I think...

Congrats again!!

Awesome! Nothing like making money making music.

Amazing that your instrument can have such influence on your income. I mean, you are saying that non-ukulele buskers make more by definition?

Please make that CD available to the online crowd as well. I will sign up for the "signed with a Howlin' Hobbit doodle" limited premium edition.

nice story, hobbit. You're efforts have been out of love for the uke and that comes through to an audience. You made some cash and brought a little joy to people at the same time. perfect.

It's always awesome when you can make money making music. I would have asked for an autograph if I'd seen the famous Hobbit performing on his uke! :D

First, thanks for all the nice comments.

Amazing that your instrument can have such influence on your income. I mean, you are saying that non-ukulele buskers make more by definition?

Not quite. Most places on the street are "louder is better." Since, even with the loud National I'm just one fella and a uke I sometimes suffer from ambient noise.

Getting together with 1 to 3 other people helps. Groups can really chug out some sound, plus it's a bit easier to keep the energy up when you're not carrying the whole ball yourself. Yes, you have to split the money, but the total take is often larger because you can attract a bigger crowd and they tend to stick around for more than a song.

Also, be aware that it's only in the last 3 years or thereabouts that I've felt confident enough in my playing to go out and try to do whole hours on the street with nothing but the uke.

Please make that CD available to the online crowd as well. I will sign up for the "signed with a Howlin' Hobbit doodle" limited premium edition.

I'm still awaiting a computer with working recording software. The fella that's supposedly piecing together a Mac w/GarageBand for me is going to be over here later and I'll ding him about it again.

I'm getting a bit antsy on the CD front myself. That's another thing that really helps one's "hat" when busking. There are lots of folks that just don't get busking. They'll happily throw $5 to $15 down for a CD but it apparently never occurs to them that a $1 bill in the tip jar is really appreciated.

Oddly, even though I'm hip to the concept, it never occurred to me to do a "premium" edition for this CD. I'll give it some thought.

Meanwhile, for a cheaper taste of uke in a group, you can always check out the Snake Suspenderz Songslide page. Set your own price for downloadable mp3s of our latest CD. You don't have any shipping that way either. ;)

I heartily recommend Songslide to any of you who're also doing for sale recordings.

Top Bottom