Rejoice!

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Anyone here heard of a Rejoice 'ukulele? Guy on local Craigslist has one new Koa concert in box for $175.00, sounds almost too good to be true. Good thing I'm broke, and it ain't a pineapple.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1518120109.html

3nc3m33p35U95P25R39cj5db328a466dc1bc4.jpg
3pf3o63l25V45T95U49cj42105f3c49cf1aba.jpg

3k83p73l85Q35U75Sc9cj5eece9f946011522.jpg
3md3pe3l95Qb5Pf5S09cj5b0536bcaca51168.jpg

I contacted rejoice about a tenor 3 years ago or maybe it was 2 years ago. Anyways these are handmade ukes made by a family. I was told they only make a few a year. I don't remember all the details but I think they are legit but quality might not be there yet. Sorry my memory isn't better.

Research has revealed that Rejoice is nothing to rejoice about. :mad:
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1262

Quote:
"worst crafstmanship I've seen-unplayable instrument-will not return emails"
"there was a crack in the headstock. i e-mailed the manufacturer (who was also the seller) and told them that i wanted my money back or at least a replacement. they told me that it was my fault because they sent me pictures of the instrument beforehand and i agreed to buy it. they acted like it was my fault because i didn't see a crack in the picture! talk about bad business."

I remember reading some bad reviews but i talked to the owner over the phone and trough email for about a month. I got great service and information. I was even told that if I wasn't satisfied I could return the uke. I decided not to get one b/c of the limited information on them. I went with a Mele instead. Bad reviews are there for a reason most of the times. It is a pretty uke but I think it is a side hobby for the makers.

Review

It looks like that review was posted in 2003. Maybe they've improved?:confused:

I can't locate any proof of current existence. I get the feeling their sub par quality along with questionable business practices cost them their existence.
From what I gather they did most of their business on eBay. I'm guessing this Craigslist listing is old stock.

shame, its a pretty uke

I can't locate any proof of current existence. I get the feeling their sub par quality along with questionable business practices cost them their existence.
From what I gather they did most of their business on eBay. I'm guessing this Craigslist listing is old stock.

Ahnko, Go meet guy and act like you interested in buying it. Play it and let us know what the deal really is.

Top Bottom