FS/FT: Kamaka Pineapple Gold Label

provines

Reaction score
This uke is SOLD

I just picked up a Kamaka Pineapple Gold Label because I thought it'd be neat to check out. The pics can be found here: http://www.provines.net/kamaka/index.html

According to what I can find on the web, this uke was made somewhere between '54 -'69 as was I. It has two hairline cracks under the saddle which according to the web, is pretty standard on these old solid top pineapples. It also has a small hairline crack on the back where it looks like someone must have bumped it. They are glued and appear stable as they have been there a while. There is some strange substance, I guess putty, on the side near the first fret. It looks like that has been on it for the last 30 years. There is a buzz on the first string which I cannot identify as the strings do not touch the frets. It must be coming from the bridge. This model wasn't made with a saddle. I've seen photos on the web of the pineapple with a saddle and some without. Overall, it sounds o.k. ;slight twitching of my left eye; for what I believe is a tourist targeted uke but not what I had hoped from a KK. My pet peeve on ukes is to play the second string at a G and then compare it to the fourth string G. The second string is usually a bit sharp, this one is way sharp. I wouldn't make it my daily player. Which reminds me, the fret markers don't quite line up. The ones on the fifth and seventh are in line but the one on the 10th is further over. I guess this could have been the way they made this particular model so you could see it easier.

So if you're looking for a vintage pineapple Kamaka, here's a pretty one. Here's the link to my review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPlhxyPpkEs

I'd rather trade it for a uke you've got laying around and don't use; but I'll sell it. I have $235 in it so I'll sell it for that. My e-mail is dprovines@provines.net or you can PM me here.

I've now posted it on the 'bay. Item number 110474205767. I'd still rather trade it and can cancel the auction if no one has bid on it. I'll be on the road and back and on the road and back this week so my response time may lag a bit.

Last edited:
WOW, 2 months ago I would have snatched it up but now broke. I'm trying to think of what I have to trade.

Last edited:
is this uke still looking for a home?

ahno stay away please ! you snatch up everyone i try to get ! lol

what would you be willing to trade this for ?

i am VERY interested so if you can send me a pm or something saying what kind of uke you are looking for that would be awesome !

Top Bottom