PDA

View Full Version : Dream vacation - Ukes at Sea

KC8AFW
12-21-2009, 07:31 AM
I saw a posting from a local ukulele group today and thought I'd share. Sounds like a great time (if only I had the money).

http://members.cox.net/ukesatsea/

hoosierhiver
12-21-2009, 07:56 AM
OOooo! That looks nice. Doesn't say how many days it is.

sukie
12-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I think it's a 14 day cruise. Used to be 15 but they cut out Kona. I've taken that Princess cruise -- that's where I got hooked on ukulele. It's awesome. It could only be better with all the ukulele stuff. It's 5 days there, 4 days around the islands and 5 days back. It's FABULOUS!

Nurdaben
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Wow that would be fun.. Now who wants to talk my wife into paying for this for me =)

wickedwahine11
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I think it's a 14 day cruise. Used to be 15 but they cut out Kona. I've taken that Princess cruise -- that's where I got hooked on ukulele. It's awesome. It could only be better with all the ukulele stuff. It's 5 days there, 4 days around the islands and 5 days back. It's FABULOUS!

Same here, that was the first time I played a ukulele. And it is a great cruise, I've done it three years in a row now, and booked it for this exact sailing next year.

The cruise director we had on the first two trips was David Cole, a big fan of the ukulele, he teaches some of the classes onboard and said he owns seven ukes.

I actually booked this cruise for my Mom and I before I even found out about the Ukes at Sea part. I'm looking forward to joining in on the jam sessions! :)

rubenken
12-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Sounds great; too bad I live in Hawaii.

SailQwest
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
With the title, Ukes at Sea, I thought this might be about our charters. :D