Vineyard 20 fret soprano

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Here's a cool little uke. A Vineyard 20 fret soprano, essentially a soprano with a tenor neck/fretboard. It's a laminate but sounds good. I've tricked it out with deluxe friction pegs and strung it with Aquilla's. $85 + shipping.

If you are interested email me at mike@mainlandukes.com

Attachments

• DSC02763.jpg
    DSC02763.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02757.jpg
    DSC02757.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 115
Here's a cool little uke. A Vineyard 20 fret soprano, essentially a soprano with a tenor neck/fretboard. It's a laminate but sounds good. I've tricked it out with deluxe friction pegs and strung it with Aquilla's. $85 + shipping.

Looks just like the Ohana. That's a STEAL at $85!!!!:drool:

I've never seen a 20-fret soprano before. That is very cool!

Mike, pleeeeease come and live and trade in the UK :D

Ha ha ha, good point Mr Hoosier! Ha ha.

I'd love to, shame work keeps getting in the way of my life :mad:

That we just call it "The Service" is all I am permitted to say...

It seems like the neck would outweigh the body so much it would be difficult to play! I feel like 20 frets is just a few too many anyways.

It does indeed look like the Ohana, which I just gave my beloved for Christmas. To hear it in the hands of someone who can really play the thing is pure delight.

Hoosierhiver, I've wondered about the balance as well. I've considered the Ohana long neck, but hesitated for that reason. Does it feel right standing to play it without a strap?

I don't notice it being awkward or top heavy. In fact the longer neck seems to make it a little more comfortable to hold than a regular soprano. It is strung with tenor strings which seem to give it a little more expression.

do you have a soundclip with this beauty ???

do you have a soundclip with this beauty ??

I got to play a laminate Vineyard over the summer. They are beautiful sounding Ukes! Whoever gets this is a lucky duck!

Top Bottom