Uke convert in Western NY

engravertom

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Greetings!

Tom, here, engraver by trade, drummer of over 30 years. I got a Kala Tenor Uke as an early Christmas present, and i am loving it!

I fell in love with classical guitar many years ago, but never got far with it. Now my son is doing well, but i still wanted to learn a melodic instrument. I discovered a nice video on youtube, which was a performance of Sanz's "canarios" on the baroque guitar. I loved it, and thought that the smaller instrument might suit me. Then, a quick google search showed that it was going to be way out of reach, price wise. A few days later i thought, "The Ukulele is small, and guitar like...", but Tiny Tim kept coming to mind!

Much searching and looking at youtube rapidly convinced me that the Uke was what i wanted.

I've found a lot of good stuff already, including tabulearn, and Rob MacKillops' site, as well as the great transcriptions by Jamie, which i discovered here.

Time to get back to work, but thanks for having this place. I'm not too ambitious, just want to enjoy myself, and make the best music i can over time.

Happy Holidays, and take care all!

Tom

Top Bottom