Aloha from Vegas

Jepp

Reaction score
I'm Jefferey, or you guys could call me Jay-r, I've been playing my uke since last summer, and I caught on to it pretty good. I own a red Kala KA-C and I love it.

I've been on this site a few times already I just haven't registered for it, but now that I am I hope to learn a lot of new songs.

Welcome to UU, Jeffrey!! Ooohh...a red Kala KA-C. Do you have it strung up with Kala Reds, too? Post some pics...we would love to see it.

Jay-r, have you heard of the Ukulele Club of Las Vegas? We're a relatively new group, but in six months we went from nothing to over 70 members.

Join us online at http://www.meetup.com/Ukulele-Club-of-Las-Vegas where you can keep updated on what we're doing. We have Michelle Kiba coming in January to do a workshop/concert. It'll be a great way to get to know the group.

Welcome to UU, Jeffrey!! Ooohh...a red Kala KA-C. Do you have it strung up with Kala Reds, too? Post some pics...we would love to see it.
No, everything is still stock on the ukulele, I would want to get some red strings though, that would be awesome!

I'll Post pics of it soon, I'll try right now if I dont get side tracked haha.

Jay-r, have you heard of the Ukulele Club of Las Vegas? We're a relatively new group, but in six months we went from nothing to over 70 members.

Join us online at http://www.meetup.com/Ukulele-Club-of-Las-Vegas where you can keep updated on what we're doing. We have Michelle Kiba coming in January to do a workshop/concert. It'll be a great way to get to know the group.
I'd love to be a part of something like that; however, I'm still sort of a beginner player, I only know basic chords.

Is there any type of requirements?

It sit in your lap and your fingers go on the strings, right? You're qualified.

We have more beginners than anything else. We have a few members who dedicate their time to teaching the basics to newcomers. Bring whatever you have and we'll help you figure out how to play it.

Hi!!!

I guess Dave and I are the official Vegas Uke Welcomers?

It is amazing how fast you go from absolute beginner to I can sort of keep up beginner. I didn't even meet Dave's requirements when I went to my first ukulele meetup - I had never even touched a uke. Immediately after the meeting I went and bought one, and now I have the dreaded UAS.

But you should definitely join on meetup, all the songs we play are on the files section and before each meeting Judy (our organizer) sends out a list of what we'll be practicing so you're not surprised. Each Saturday Meeting Ed takes the beginners out to work on basic chords and strum patterns and that kind of stuff.

Top Bottom