Hello from NY

Natethegreat33

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
If you couldn't gather it from my username, the name's Nate. I live in upstate New York, and am currently a senior in high school. I played varsity volleyball this year, but consider myself primarily a basketball player.

I picked up the ukulele because I'm currently in band but didn't want to continue band in college. Just not my scene. But I also didn't want to give up playing music. The clearest answer to my dilemma was to pick up a new instrument.

I thought about guitar, but it seems so, I don't know, common? I had always enjoyed the relaxing sounds of island music, so I came across the ukulele. My dad got one for me as a surprise gift for having good grades at the end of my junior year, and I fiddled around with it (no pun intended). I didn't play it much though.

Then senior year started and I needed a senior project. After much deliberation, I decided that I would make learning the ukulele a project that I would track and consciously work on every day.

So now I'm here :).
I'm mostly interested in solo ukulele tabs and I've gotten a pretty good handle on most of the stuff, but I'm sure this forum has much to offer. I'm excited to learn and improve.

Natethegreat33

Welcome to UU, Nate! You have found the perfect place, along with great memeber's that are more than willing to help. All that is required of you is to ask.

welcome from Brooklyn

Top Bottom