First attempt and video

Tonyd

Reaction score
Well, after asking about how best to record myself in a thread about a week ago, and getting loads of helpful advice, I thought I'd better post up the results.

I've been playing about 8 weeks, my first musical instrument too :).
Now, a word of warning, I can't sing ! :D, but I'll be trying to in this video lol.

I learnt this song from Ukulele Mike, what a truly genuine nice bloke he is too, thanks Mike if you read this.
I have a shiny new much better Uke waiting to be unwrapped in 2 days:drool: so you'll have to put up with the sound of the £6 Soprano aswel as my lovely angelic singing..

Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkkOMLS2Tlw

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good to me for a first attempt. :cool:

Streets ahead of me, though in my defence I only picked up my Uke 4 days ago. :D

Nice work fella.

Tony,
Don't worry about the singing, just belt it out. When I hear others play who don't have wonderful voices, but they are into it and just have a blast playing and singing, I always admire them. That has inspired me just to sing it out when I play and you know what, the other day I was playing with new friends, singing away, and a guy asked how many years I was in chorus!

Have a good Christmas man!
Ryan

Thanks for the kind words, I was expecting a " yep that was awful " from a few but not heard it yet, that says a lot for the happy encouraging atmosphere on here IMO.

The question on the new Uke that I'll be playing tomorrow, it's an Aria Concert ACU model. Sounds MUCH better than that red plywood thing I'm playing at the minute.

Hey, good on ya for doing it! I still haven't mustered the courage. :)

And I think you've got a fine start there!

Well, after asking about how best to record myself in a thread about a week ago, and getting loads of helpful advice, I thought I'd better post up the results.

I've been playing about 8 weeks, my first musical instrument too :).
Now, a word of warning, I can't sing ! :D, but I'll be trying to in this video lol.

I learnt this song from Ukulele Mike, what a truly genuine nice bloke he is too, thanks Mike if you read this.
I have a shiny new much better Uke waiting to be unwrapped in 2 days:drool: so you'll have to put up with the sound of the £6 Soprano aswel as my lovely angelic singing..

Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkkOMLS2Tlw

I quite enjoyed that! Great job for a first video! And I love the red uke! :)

CountryMouse

Hiya

As a fellow beginner I thought I'd add my thoughts...

As one of the other guys here said, just belt it out. I know the nerves play a part and it's difficult to overcome them at the start. I have to reshoot that many times you wouldn't believe but then again I think there is merit in beginners like us pushing ourselves to get out there. You got a great rythm there and some good chord changes, so be proud and improve..well that's my motto anyway lol.

Hope to see more of you out there

Chris

I thought it was great!!! I am a baeginner too and I think the hardest part is "putting yourself out there"! But honestly, I loved your uke playing! The whole video was great. Thanks for sharing. And I think it belongs in this section because we need to celebrate the strides we make as beginners. I hope you are enjoying your new uke! I can not wait to see a video of you playing it.

First of all - thanks for posting this video. I would've loved to have posted a video of myself after 2 months of playing for feedback but I was and am too frightened to do so. I respect the lack of ego and openness required to post that.

At first I heard you making some simple singing mistakes' that I also make that can easily be fixed. But as the video progressed I found myself charmed by these very same mistakes. I enjoyed it.

Hiya fellow new ukie players

I think it's great that Tony went on youtube and think that more beginners like ourselves should do....not only for mutual support for each other but for other people who take up the uke in the future...just my views lol

I think freackykit has a very good point there. It all helps to encourage folk along.
I just posted a first video up, even though it was very wobbly, but the support and encouragement that I have had back has been brilliant! Really gives you a morale boost!

Congratulations, you're doing great. You can keep a tune and play a melody so all credit to you. A little chutzpah and you'll be happy too :)

Happy New Year

Good for you. At least you're out there doing it...I'm still on the fence wondering if the world is really ready for the flat, monotone stylings of Kiddfixit.

Top Bottom