Hello all.

thadjanus

Reaction score
New guy here from the Cleveland Ohio area. Been playing music for about 25yrs now, but have been only playing for a couple years on a loaner uke. It's a Martin Concert 1-C. It was handed down to a friend by his grandfather. It is beautiful and sounds wonderful. I play it with a band that has upright bass, acoustic guitar, and mandolin old timey stuff. I am getting uncomfortable with a loaner and want to get one of my own. The problem is that I could never afford a Martin. In fact times are so tight that I can only make it to the $150 range. I was looking for suggestions. I 'm not sure if a tenor if it would cut through a band situtation a little better, but if it would I would consider one. Just something playable with a decent tone. I'm not featured in the band so it's just a matter of staying in tune and fitting in. I wanted to thank you all for this invaluable resource you have created with the forum. It has help me immensely.
Take Care and thanks again,
Janus

Hey Janus, welcome. That band sounds really cool. I'd like to hear what you guys sound like. I've been really happy with my Lanikai LU21TE. It's a tenor with a pickup, and it's really cheap. You can just plug it into an amp or a PA and you will be heard.

Top Bottom