Cameo Deluxe Banjolele? Check this one out!

rpeters

Reaction score
It's not a ukulele, as someone let me know that it is a tenor banjo. I found this Cameo Deluxe Banjo at the local antique store and it looked incredible. It has 4 strings and seems to be tuned to either DGBE or gCEA. The sound was incredible and loud and I could easily pluck out a few melodies. I didn't want to play with the tuners, so I didn't get to see if I could keep it in tune.

The instrument itself was in fantastic shape, with only a few cracks in the plastic molding that lined the neck, which could easily be stripped off or replaced. There was no back on the banjo, (I'm not sure if there usually is or not).

The price of the banjolele is $200, but I want to see if I can get him down to $100 dollars... might be hard to do. What are your thoughts on this instrument? Do any of you know anything about Cameo? Its a very solid instrument and sounds good to my ears. Here's a picture of it from my phone.

**Update**
Cameo Banjos were made from 1979 - 1985

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Don't quote me on this, but that looks to me more like a tenor banjo than a banjolele

Yeah I was doing some research, and just because it only has 4 strings doesn't make it a ukulele. My mistake... but would it play similar to a baritone ukulele?

Don't banjoleles have nylon strings? That might be another clue.

–Lori

Yeah I think it could be tons of fun. If I had the money I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. If it doesn't sell anytime soon I'm sure they'll lower the price.

Top Bottom