new harp

You're making music on it, and that is always the very best way to learn! Good for you! Well done!

Now that you clearly have a good idea of where the notes are, you should start striving for clean single notes. You can tongue block, or you can pucker; those are the two basic ways of getting those single notes. When you have that (and I bet you do very soon!), you can start on tone, vibrato, bends, and anything else you want.

I love hearing anyone play harmonica because, like with ukulele, it is hard to do and not be happy. I have my heroes, but my favorite harmonica players are always those who are learning. That video was a treat, and I hope you keep doing them as you keep progressing on that tin taco!

:):)
You're making music on it, and that is always the very best way to learn! Good for you! Well done!

Now that you clearly have a good idea of where the notes are, you should start striving for clean single notes. You can tongue block, or you can pucker; those are the two basic ways of getting those single notes. When you have that (and I bet you do very soon!), you can start on tone, vibrato, bends, and anything else you want.

I love hearing anyone play harmonica because, like with ukulele, it is hard to do and not be happy. I have my heroes, but my favorite harmonica players are always those who are learning. That video was a treat, and I hope you keep doing them as you keep progressing on that tin taco!

thanks

That is awesome, Stephen! I have fooled around on the harp a bit, too. There's a guy on YouTube, Adam Gussow, that gives Blues Harp lessons. I learned a bit from them (like how to bend notes). http://www.youtube.com/user/KudzuRunner#p/u/263/cRWZ1mO-vnI

I hope to see a harp/uke video from you, too.

Top Bottom