Uke Sighting

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So I put Monster's Inc. on to fall asleep to tonight. (Don't judge me.) And in the intro, when the first monster is in the Scare-Simulator you can clearly see a ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0fwueBELk

FF to 1:57 to see it in the shelf and 2:58 to see it on the ground.

Crazy, wonder what made pixar put a uke out of all things in there?

You must have been watching pretty closely to catch that....and....I am not judging! Well, maybe a little! ;)

That was fun to watch, thanks.

That is one of my favorite movies. Now I have a reason to watch it again. Btw deck the halls has an ukulele group in it as well.

I spotted the one on the mantle in Up.

My wife rolled her eyes at me when I mention, "Hey, he plays ukulele too. See how cool I am to people that make and watch 8 year old movies."

Somebody at Pixar must play some ukulele.

I spotted the one on the mantle in Up.

My wife rolled her eyes at me when I mention, "Hey, he plays ukulele too. See how cool I am to people that make and watch 8 year old movies."

Or someone at Disney. The new Disney movie is supposed to feature ukulele and then there was Lilo and Stitch.. I heard that had uke in it.

Ricky Nierva, a production designer at Pixar, is described in various places on the Internet as "a big fan of the ukulele." He was a character designer in "Monsters, Inc.," a story artist in "Toy Story 2," and a production designer in "Up."

Nierva isn't the only ukulele player at Pixar. Here's an excerpt from a story about Pixar's Peter Docter, who directed both "Monsters, Inc." and "Up" --

"Docter also confesses to doing a bit of undercover research to help flesh out the central character in Up: He and several instrumentalist colleagues — Docter plays bass, the others ukuleles — visited a retirement home as volunteer entertainers but took the opportunity to observe the tics and habits of the elderly men in residence."

Last edited:
Top Bottom