Roots...

JoeyJr858

Reaction score
What kind of filipino would I be if this question never came around! HAHAHAH

Hoy.. where's your PAMILY PRUM? HAHAHAHAHAH

well... I never grew up there, but my folks are from Calumpit, Bulacan bordering Pampanga in the Philippines...

I'm U.S. born, Hawai'i raised, n settled down in SoCal (San Diego). When my wife n I are old' n gray... we'd like to retire in Kaua'i. Maybe if I hit the lotto, it'll happen sooner! HEHE

you?

not just for my filipino peeps, but feel free to note your family origins N roots...

it's like re-introducing yourselves w/ more detail... SORRY. HAHA

My family is from Visayan region. Iloilo and Antique.

fathers side is from england, and my moms side is from thailand. I was raised in belgium, i went to a british ran school, and thus i feel more british then american. no offence to the US of A. =P

Mostly Scottish and German. Apparently the most common type of plaid there is named after our family from back in the day in Scotland:confused:

Mom and dad both from Kauai. One's portuguese chamorro spanish, the other is portuguese filipino german.

I'm from Korea (adopted).

I'm US-born and white... which basically often means that you don't *really* know where your family's from-- there's a lot of misinformation spread, esp. if any of your family immigrated between 1880 and 1950 or so-- before taking pride in your roots became culturally accepted and encouraged. So you often find out, when you look back, and do some research, that some of your family weren't what they claimed to be, that they immigrated from one place or another and then lied about it in order to assimilate into "whiteness."

apparently i'm filipino, malay, and british. not too sure where my parents are from but i was born in manila. :)

born and raised kaneohe, oahu. hawaiian japanese korean

both of my parents are chamorro so i guess that would make me chamorro wouldnt it???
but yeah.... some people would just say my roots are in the philippines...
i tend to ignore those ppl... (if you are one of these ppl, plz dont take offense)...:D

definately, totally not tryin to start anything hea, but i kno that chamorros hate when ppl wid filipino lineage claim that they're indeed guamanian. my girl's mom's side of the fam all came from guam and a lot of the cousins claim 671 to the death, but yet they all speak tagalog. along wid that, my true chamorro friends (more like aquaintances) trash talk pinoys all the time (much to my dismay). if u are indeed chamorro, then pls disregard this...

as for me, my lola's side is from bagio and pop's side is from binalonan, pangasinan. i guess there is a plot of land in my dad's name in the binalonan barrio, but he's lost all touch wid his roots. im doing the best i can to keep in touch wid my uncles to try and keep that land in the family, but it looks like we might be losing it to some long-term squatters. i curse my dad and his puti ways!!!

alas, i'm metizo at pogi! hehe. my mom is an anglo mess: gramma was a polish orphan (stateside) due to the german invasion and gramps was a mix of all kine european. needless to say, moms knows bur little of her bloodline and culture, thus becoming pilipino by association.

anyone else feel they live in an identity crisis?

Top Bottom