wedding ring

russ_buss

Reaction score
hey UU family members,

so i just got married last night. still a little hungover, which is to be expected for a sunday morning. i picked up my uke this morning to play off that hangover and i noticed my wedding ring getting in the way while i played. is this common for you married folk out there? do you married folk take off your rings before playing?

dude youre an addict. you just got married and now youre here on UU hahaha. the wifey must be sleeping still haha.

you'll get used to it. before you know it, you'll forget that its there and it will actually feel weird to not have the ring on. at least thats how i remembered it when i was married.

Congrats on the big nuptuals! I wish I had an answer to your question, but I only wear my ring when heading out. Neither my husband or I wear them all the time. I guess in the house there's no one else for us to flirt with, lol. :D

I'd suggest that if you want to wear it all the time, just wear it all the time and the fingers will adjust.

cool, thanks guys. yeah, the first thing i did this morning was pick up my guitar, play a few tunes. that was fine with the ring. then it was on to the ukulele, and i noticed that the ring would clunk against the neck when i played. so yeah, i guess i'll either get used to it or maybe i'll just move it to my right hand.

nothing like a little UU in the morn'!

dude congrats!!!!!!!

im so happy for you!

anywho I wear rings just to wear rings and yeah man, you'll get used to it really fast.

just practice with it on.

it will be weird for a while but you'll be ok!

Wow. Congrats on the marriage dude! As far as rings go... I wear a bunch of em when I play, they don't seem to cause too much trouble. The only trouble that I get is when I wear a loose ring and it starts to come off mid-strum hahaha. Also, I try not to wear any on my left hand. :D

Dude-
Put it in your dresser drawer. I saw my Pop's finger get ripped off when he caught it on a pc of expanded metal! I'v been married over 40 yrs to the same gal. Only put it on for the big anniverseries.
Uke......what a great way to serinade the new bride! Congrates and GOOD luck.

thanks for the tips guys! and i'll have some pics up soon once they start rolling in. by the way, they include ukes!:D

Ywah you get used to it... I just had my ring re-plated and didn't have it for 2 weeks... Weirdest feeling...

i wear a ring too, doesnt get in the way that much but when i play faster picking songs I put it on my right index finger kinda like Jake does. BTW congratz

Congratulations!

You'll get used to the ring. I always wear my ring and iI sometimes forget it's on.

Congratulations on your marriage Russ! :D

...oh, and good luck with the ring issue haha I personally dont like wearing rings, so i wont have this problem. xP

wow, thanks for all the congrats guys. yeah, we played "somewhere over the rainbow" in lieu of having a first dance. thought we'd switch things up a bit. it went pretty good except i flubbed a couple of chords due to nervousness and tequila.:D

congrats.

If this helps or hurts I don't know. I've been happily married for 25 years now and I haven't worn a wedding ring in years. I dunno, I'm just not a ring guy. My wife doesn't really seem to care. She works with me, so we're together almost 24/7 anyway.

Congratulations! I hope you had a great wedding and will have a great honeymoon! :D

As for the ring . . . getting used to it is probably the best advice . . . then again, I don't wear rings.:p

My wedding ring has been setting in the top of the wife's jewelery box since 1976.

Oh and, "CONGRATULATIONS RUSS"!!!!

Top Bottom