Santa's da MAN!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I really didn't think it would happen. I even said as much. My wife hasn't been particularly supportive of my uke craziness. She's even been a bit cranky about it sometimes. I had resigned myself to a uke-free Christmas.

But Santa came through! Along with the other cool stuff I got were three (count 'em, three!) Jumpin' Jim Beloff uke songbooks AND a way-too-cool long sleeved uke tee shirt. There IS a Santa Claus, there IS, I tell 'ya!

Damn, I love that girl....

Right on! Congrats.

I don't know why she has semed to be so anti-uke. I don't know if it's the money I've spent (certainly not much, < $300) or the time I've invested. But she certainly hasn't liked it!

I played her a few Christmas songs from one of the new books and she almost seemed mildly impressed.

Maybe there's hope....

I don't know why she has semed to be so anti-uke. I don't know if it's the money I've spent (certainly not much, < $300) or the time I've invested. But she certainly hasn't liked it!

I played her a few Christmas songs from one of the new books and she almost seemed mildly impressed.

Maybe there's hope....

Sounds like my experience. My ukes could spontaneously combust and she'd be just as happy. I'm trying to build them now, too, and she thinks it's just taking away from "us" time.

Hey, I hear there's a support group for guys like us. They meet at this place called "The Bar". The group itself is called, "Everyone". (That's a Drew Carey joke, not mine.)

ps. I will add that the fact she bought you the uke stuff shows she's trying, and that counts for a lot. My wife got me a whole bunch of different kinds of uke strings, so I got that going for me, too.

Sounds like my experience. My ukes could spontaneously combust and she'd be just as happy. I'm trying to build them now, too, and she thinks it's just taking away from "us" time.

Hey, I hear there's a support group for guys like us. They meet at this place called "The Bar". The group itself is called, "Everyone". (That's a Drew Carey joke, not mine.)

ps. I will add that the fact she bought you the uke stuff shows she's trying, and that counts for a lot. My wife got me a whole bunch of different kinds of uke strings, so I got that going for me, too.

Maybe Santa should have brought your wife a light blue Makala dolphin. Then the two of you would have lots of "us" time together.

lol! Sometimes I am really glad that I am still footloose and fancy free. :p

Top Bottom