New York Ukulele School

ritzer012

UU+
Reaction score
hey guys!

well santa came to my house this morning and brought me lessons at the new york ukulele school. heres the website http://www.newyorkukuleleschool.com/home.html

anyone have any experience with this place?

or its founder, mark michaels?

just want to make sure its worth it. thanks!

Hiya,

Mark is a pretty active NY uke guy. He shows at Ukefest every year.

I took one lesson from him about a year and a half ago. I've never really taken music lessons, so I am not sure I am a good reference for what is good vs. bad. My impression was that we spent a good portion of the time figuring out where I was in the range of experience. In retrospect, I would have prepared some questions and some trouble spots to work on. Otherwise, I think he approached the lesson as if I was a beginner and we weren't quite on the same page.

He is a good guy and very classic NYC. Now that I have been working hard on my own (ie: with the help of the entire UU-universe) I think I would take some more lessons, with some very specific questions in mind. If I were a beginner, I think he would have gotten me off to a stronger/faster start than the way I wandered thru the woods on my own. I honestly would have continued, but that was just about five minutes before the economy crapped out and I dropped that expense fast!

Any other NY'ers out there who worked with Mark?

Top Bottom