Recommended Strings for Lanikai

Aye Russ

Reaction score
Soo just got my very first Uke for christmas and very excited to learn. Its a Lanikai Soprano Lu-21. Looks really awesome also read good reviews. Just wondering if you guys had any suggested or recommended set of strings to replace the ones it came with.
thankyou

I'd suggest aquila nygluts.

you guys have a place i can get these strings online?>

Sounds like you had a really nice Christmas Aye Russ,

I have a Lanikai LU 21 CE and I use D'Addario strings on my uke that I got from the UU Store along with the tuner they show as well. I really like the D'Addario strings on my uke and they sound and feel a whole lot better. However, I think it is one's preference on what type of strings you like it just a matter of figuring out which works best for you and your uke.

Hey, I just bought that very same model, they ship from the factory with the Aquilas.

no, they ship with GHS stock, but some nice providers change out the strings for you. MGM is a great example of this.

Easy way to tell: White strings = aquila, black = GHS

hmmm well out the box all 4 strings are White so does that mean it already has the aquila strings on there and i got lucky? ;)

no, they ship with GHS stock, but some nice providers change out the strings for you. MGM is a great example of this.

odd, mine came with the Aquilas, it even had a little tag tied to the headstock telling the glories of the Aquilas. And I was the first person to touch the Ukulele since it was put in it's box at the factory.

odd, mine came with the Aquilas, it even had a little tag tied to the headstock telling the glories of the Aquilas. And I was the first person to touch the Ukulele since it was put in it's box at the factory.

that's really good to hear. good for lanikai. The one i bought factory direct a few months ago still had the old GHS. yucky. I'm glad they took the initiative, lanikai doesn't get nearly enough love around here

Mine also came with Aquilas and the little label telling me how good they are. I bought mine early in 2009, so it looks like they have been shipping with Aquila strings for a while.

I have a Lanikai Pineapple, which is very similar to your LU-21, and the Aquila Nylgut strings sound amazing on it! It makes the instrument brighter and louder.

For around the last year Lanikai has been exclusively using Aquila. Any ones you see with GHS is just an older model.

Top Bottom