pdxuke

Reaction score
Friends:

Alternate fingering for E besides

It's killing me!:mad:

Friends:

Alternate fingering for E besides

It's killing me!:mad:

4447 will do it, too...I did that but kept practicing the 4442 and that is starting to come to me now.

In deach's vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hS4bOqYhQE
we noticed that he plays the E chord slowly, one string at a time like an arrpegio(ie at 0.25).

We had been avoiding playing anything with an E chord altogether, unless we could just substitute an E7, but we liked the sound of the chord the way that deach played it and we tried it out.

We realized that by playing the chord one string at a time, it allows time to either rock the barring finger up and off the A string before we get to it or to lift the barring finger off the strings altogether before getting to the A string. Obviously, it doesn't work to play the E chord one string at a time in just any song, but we found that it's been a good way to practice it. We've actually gotten faster in a short amount of time and we're not avoiding it anymore.

Hope this helps a little and apologies to deach if we misinterpreted what he was doing

Last edited:
I prefer to use my index finger on 2, and then bar the 444 bit with my ring finger.

Getting to E from other chords is what you should practice. I found it useful to practice going from E to the chords it is commonly found with in various songs (3 chord tricks such as E, A, B7). Also, look for songs that use E with other chords

for instance, in the song Hotel California we have an A, E, G combination

[Bm]On a dark desert highway, [F#]cool wind in my hair
[A]Warm smell of colitas [E]rising up through the air
[G]Up ahead in the distance
, [D]I saw a shimmering light
[Em]My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
[F#]I had to stop for the night

Good luck and good practicing

Top Bottom