PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if theese are any good?

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
i saw this ukulele and it looks pretty cool for an electric uke. anybody know if their anygood? i know their like 300-400 bucks....http://oldwww.stringnet.co.jp/eleuke/img/product/list/scu100-1-1.gif

tad
05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
http://ukuleleunderground.com/ukereviews/viewReviews.php?modelID=271&manufacturerID=10

Ukulele_Junkie
05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
they're great in my opinion, takes awhile to get use to the non traditional feel of it, and the body is tiny no matter what model size u have. they all are like soprano bodies.

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 07:15 PM
ooo isee. sounds cool. i tried to play it but it makes no sound unless u hook up so i couldnt see how good it was.:mad:

rayan
05-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Might want to stay tuned to the site for the next give away... :)

NukeDOC
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM

no... way... !!!... :eek:

i wouldnt mind another! awesome.

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
are u saying this may be the next uke prize giveaway????!!:D

degracia
05-04-2008, 07:51 PM

OHHH MYY.. No way! This was actually the first uke I looked at when i first got on the site. I remember one of the members selling one and I believe Nuke bought it.

But I'd never think of it as a give-away. :eek: :eek: :eek:

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
OHHH MYY.. No way! This was actually the first uke I looked at when i first got on the site. I remember one of the members selling one and I believe Nuke bought it.

But I'd never think of it as a give-away. :eek: :eek: :eek:
i was looking at it at a swap meet by pearlridge. it is VERY nice. not heavy really. veryy cool. NICE NICE pickup.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-04-2008, 08:39 PM

O.O that would be awesome - hopefully the contest is something i am good at ;)

MGM
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
That is one of the original passive pickup models of bugsgear formally known as Eleuke. The prices when tthey first came out were in the 350 to 450 range but due to increased production numbers and new models now having active electronics and sometimes even headphone capability they are dropping to the 250 to 300 dollar level. A bunch of custom one of a kind eleukes arriving soon and also the active and active with headphone models arriving in. each producttion run they are getter better and better and are fun ukulele to play and you can blast with no feedback,,,,

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
O.O that would be awesome - hopefully the contest is something i am good at ;)

i know... im not too good at video stuffs.

tripl3thr33
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
dang..... ryan's getting us all hyped up..... and koloheboy, how long ago was that? i've never been to the pearlridge swap meet so maybe i'll check it out.

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
dang..... ryan's getting us all hyped up..... and koloheboy, how long ago was that? i've never been to the pearlridge swap meet so maybe i'll check it out.

HAHAHAEVERY SATURDAY FROM 7-2pm at the aloha stadium. they have PLENTY of booths with NICE UKULELES CUSTOM too!!! and cheaper then u can get anywhere else ALMOST

Keonikapila
05-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I've got one of the headphone models (bought from MGM), and I really like it...it's by no means my primary uke, but it's definitely a fun uke. Nice low action, bound fretboard...its good

It did take a little while to get used to size, but once you do it's a pretty good uke and it sounds good plugged in.

The biggest advantage though, I can play it at ANY time of the night and not have to worry about waking anyone up :D

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I've got one of the headphone models (bought from MGM), and I really like it...it's by no means my primary uke, but it's definitely a fun uke. Nice low action, bound fretboard...its good

It did take a little while to get used to size, but once you do it's a pretty good uke and it sounds good plugged in.

The biggest advantage though, I can play it at ANY time of the night and not have to worry about waking anyone up :D

must be a good uke. heard nothing but good stuffabout it so ffar. whether or not it does become a contest prize and i dont win it im buying one.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
i know... im not too good at video stuffs. hopefully it would be something everybody has a chance at.

They not to bad, i liked Aprils contest because it was fun going to the city and such.

But i don't like the flea ukulele contest - making a vid on how to play a song, not for me..

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
They not to bad, i liked Aprils contest because it was fun going to the city and such.

But i don't like the flea ukulele contest - making a vid on how to play a song, not for me..

yeah plus all the good songs that people would be interested in learning have already been taught here by members. >.<:mad:

jaggtmolina
05-04-2008, 09:32 PM

i hope you're not kidding. cuz my hopes just rose. i'm planning on buying one, but hey! if i can win one, why spend the money? aha. :)

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 09:33 PM
i hope you're not kidding. cuz my hopes just rose. i'm planning on buying one, but hey! if i can win won, why spend the money? aha. :)

im with him^

jh151399
05-04-2008, 09:40 PM
yeah, i think it should be something those of us without any camera stuff could still do.

I mean, if I had the money to buy a webcam, I'd probably just spend it on a cool uke.

But I'm so broke... :(

KoloheBoy
05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
yeah, i think it should be something those of us without any camera stuff could still do.

I mean, if I had the money to buy a webcam, I'd probably just spend it on a cool uke.

But I'm so broke... :(

get a goal. get a life. get COLLEGE. haha just kidding. but. yeah i do hope its not some writing thing. :eek:

UkeNinja
05-04-2008, 10:51 PM
So no camera-related contest, no "writing thing"... Perhaps next the UU staff can take a pen and an address label, close their eyes, and we can just send our ki to the UU staff all at the same time and see what gets written on the package...

But really, how much is a webcam these days? And most digital cameras have some sort of video function don't they? I shot my entry with a compact as well, and I think most people did. You could just see the contest as a challenge, and give it your best shot. A contest for something that you're good at will only be more disappointing when you don't get the prize.

Still, that Eleuke would be cool to win as well... but first May 9! :eek:

tad
05-05-2008, 01:34 AM
get a goal. get a life. get COLLEGE. haha just kidding. but. yeah i do hope its not some writing thing. :eek:

I, on the other hand, would LOVE "some writing thing."

But really, how much is a webcam these days? And most digital cameras have some sort of video function don't they?

Mine does, but for some reason, all the videos come out upside down. It's a real pain.

seeso
05-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Mine does, but for some reason, all the videos come out upside down. It's a real pain.

I guess you'll have to start walking on your hands.

tad
05-05-2008, 02:39 AM
So no camera-related contest, no "writing thing"... Perhaps next the UU staff can take a pen and an address label, close their eyes, and we can just send our ki to the UU staff all at the same time and see what gets written on the package...

This just occurred to me-- what about an art contest? There seem to be some pretty artistic folks here...

nikolo727
05-05-2008, 05:07 AM

thats a non-tue subtle hint, I think.....:D

Djr0nard
05-05-2008, 05:30 AM

NOOO WAY!! i hope i have a chance :o

Plainsong
05-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd prefer a Howlett uklectic or a Risa, but then both play above the bugsbear price level. That said, I wouldn't turn down a free one! :D

KoloheBoy
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM

But really, how much is a webcam these days? And most digital cameras have some sort of video function don't they? I shot my entry with a compact as well, and I think most people did. You could just see the contest as a challenge, and give it your best shot. A contest for something that you're good at will only be more disappointing when you don't get the prize.

the only reason i say no writing thing is cuz there is probably some very skilled writers here that could outwrite almost anyone here. a video would be okay i guess.

KoloheBoy
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM

haha that is very true. i didnt think about that. on the other hand. 2 THUMBS UP FOR VIDEOS!!!

tad
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
the only reason i say no writing thing is cuz there is probably some very skilled writers here that could outwrite almost anyone here. a video would be okay i guess.

There are probably a lot of people here with a lot of different skills. If there was a writing-based contest, and you're not good at that, that sucks, but at the same time, it sucks if there's a video contest for those of us who can't do video. It sucks if there's a uke-playing contest, if you're not one of the best people at playing.

Heck, it sucks if there's a drawing, like the first contest, and you're not the person who gets picked.

The thing of it is, everyone can't win. Most people can't win. Most people have to lose, no matter the contest-- because that's the nature of contests. But they happen in this comm pretty regularly. If one comes that you're less qualified to win, don't feel put-upon or unfairly treated-- just try your best, or don't, and wait for the next contest. And try to be (sincerely) happy for whoever does win.

seeso
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Hear, hear, Tad. Well said.

KoloheBoy
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
There are probably a lot of people here with a lot of different skills. If there was a writing-based contest, and you're not good at that, that sucks, but at the same time, it sucks if there's a video contest for those of us who can't do video. It sucks if there's a uke-playing contest, if you're not one of the best people at playing.

Heck, it sucks if there's a drawing, like the first contest, and you're not the person who gets picked.

The thing of it is, everyone can't win. Most people can't win. Most people have to lose, no matter the contest-- because that's the nature of contests. But they happen in this comm pretty regularly. If one comes that you're less qualified to win, don't feel put-upon or unfairly treated-- just try your best, or don't, and wait for the next contest. And try to be (sincerely) happy for whoever does win.

That's true. but you know how almost everybody wants to win. but now i understand that they cant.