Lookin to buy a new ukulele

how much are you looking to spend?

A very easy way to shop for a Ukulele that is guaranteed to be good is goto Musicguymic ebay store and buy the one that looks good to you and is in your price range.

Works every time :)

Watermelon

Like around 80 to 125.... Also is the pinapple ukulele good? And is Leilani ukulele good too?

I have a Kala Watermelon: I love it! Bright and punchy--reminds me of the vintage Harmony I just played without the problems of a vintage instrument.
I purchased from Uke Republic and it was a great transaction.

Mike at MGM sold me 4 Dolphins-Pink (for me), Yum Yum Yellow, Black and Powdery Blue for the kids. I think they are marvelous instruments for just under 50 clams delivered to your door.

I've heard good thinks about the entry level Kala pineapple but never purchased. The pineapple with the silkscreen from Kala is on you tube and sounds lovely, and MGM sells that for a little over 100 smackers delivered.

Good luck.

And UAS is fun. Yeah, that's right, fun....:eek:

My opinion is to save up some money and get a Mainland Soprano. WELL worth the money. Maybe scour the MArketplace here at UU and look for a used one. That's what I did and I couldn't be happier.

I understand that many dont have that kind of money available. If you really only want to spend $50 or so, I've heard a million good things about the Makala Dolphins. Get one of those and start jammin!!

If you spend the extra money on the Mainland, you WILL NOT be disappointed. I will warn you though, when you start playing on a uke that sounds as good as a Mainland, you WILL get addicted. The addiction is a hard thing to break and will lead to many late nights and some interesting conversations with the lady-friend (or man-friend...whichever). Point is, start out with a good uke and you wont be able to put it down. The Makala Dolphins are GOOD ukes for the money, from what I hear. Mainland, IMO, are about as good as can be for the money. Go with your heart, it wont steer you wrong.

In my delicious Christmas ukulele bonanza (my husband treated me to four), the ukulele that stands out the most for me that's in the inexpensive end of the spectrum is the Mahalo LP.
It manages to be both visually stunning in addition to having great sound.
And this was out-of-the-box, not set up. It's holding its tuning phenomenally, it projects magnificently. And the gig bag it comes with isn't too cheesy.
I did also receive a Makala Dolphin, which I adore. But I think the Mahalo Les Paul is the better uke.

Top Bottom