Carp's Original Ukulele Contest WINNER

carpekd

Reaction score
Congratulations to AnnaUK for her submission of "The Work Sucks Song"

Song link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIwrxq0sseI

The song really flowed smoothly (I especially liked the chord progression at the end of the chorus), and the vocals were top notch. To me, this song gave off a mellow-acoustic-indie vibe that struck a chord with me. Congrats on a very nice melody AnnaUK!

Also, I had a great time listening to all of the submissions and it was definitely a challenge trying to decide on a winner. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to record your song and submit it for my contest. I hope that it will inspire you to do it again and let your creativity run free.

:shaka:

Congrats, Anna! :D

Congratulations, AnnaUK! :)

CountryMouse

Congrats! :) Well deserved.

Thank you to carpekd for hosting a great contest.

Congratulations, Anna! I love that song. And congratulations to all the contestants. All the songs were great, and even if you didn't win an ukulele, you each got a pretty neat original song from participating. And thanks to Carp for his interesting and entertaining contest.

Last edited:
Thank you

Ha ha, thanks Alan :confused:
It's been a very lucky month for me. I'm glad people seemed to like my song.

I wonder what the (fictional, of course) manager would make of it? If only he knew that his bullying behaviour had led to my new uke.

I think that is what is known as poetic justice...

Ha ha, thanks Alan :confused:
It's been a very lucky month for me. I'm glad people seemed to like my song.

I wonder what the (fictional, of course) manager would make of it? If only he knew that his bullying behaviour had led to my new uke.

I think that is what is known as poetic justice...

Congrats! AnnaUK that's an awesome song you wrote. A lot of people can relate.
and wow! 2 ukes in less than a month your christmas and new year must be happy!

Top Bottom