New in NC

drifter

Reaction score
Hi. I have just ordered a uke and it should be here in a week or so. It is an inexpensive one, but probably fine to start with. I had a nice uke when I was a kid in the mid 60s but it is long gone. Recently I have found a renewed interest in playing one and am amazed at things I have seen done with them. Hopefully it will be a fun adventure and I will learn to play it well enough to really enjoy.

Dave

Welcome to UU, Dave!! There are a lot of great resources for learning right here.

So don't hold out on us...what'd you get? Post pics when it shows up too. My first was a Lanikai LU-21 that I got for $50.

I just got my ukulele today. It is a mahogany soprano made in China under the name Regal. I ordered it from Rob's Music Planet on eBay. Even though the uke was quite inexpensive, it seems to have a really good sound and finish. I was actually amazed when I tuned it up and strummed it a bit. I did not expect one this cheap to sound this good. I will post some pics of it shortly (when I figure out how!). I ordered a book off ebay titled "Alfred's Teach Yourself To Play Ukulele". Only problem is, the book deals with a "D" tuned uke rather than a "C" tuned version. I have mine tuned to "C" (G,C,E,A), so now I need a "teach yourself" book using that tuning.

Dave

Pics of my new Uke

Here are a few pics of the uke.

Attachments

• uke4.jpg
    uke4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 3
  • uke5.jpg
    uke5.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 4
  • uke2.jpg
    uke2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3
  • uke1.jpg
    uke1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • uke3.jpg
    uke3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi right back at you! Thanks for saying hello to my intro......
And maybe you already know this but there is a uke school right there in Wilmington. Another UU'er mentioned it to me, I checked it out, and lo and behold they hold uke jam sessions from 4-6 on the last Sat of the month! So says Kent from the Uke school. Next one is on Jan 30th. I'm thinking of dragging down there just to hang out and meet some new folks.

Good luck with your new uke! It sure is pretty!

Welcome to uu

Top Bottom