New KoAloha: low-G

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
We've been snowed in here in Oklahoma, so I have spent more time playing my ukes and looking at MGM's site. Conclusion: cabin fever contributes to UAS.

Yesterday I ordered a KoAloha super concert (with crown bridge) from MGM, and I'm having him string this one low-G. It will be a good complement to my Pineapple Sunday, which is a super concert strung high-G.

Yeehaw! Now I just have to await the big green truck in a few days! (You know, online package tracking is a blessing and a curse.)

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-4.png

Congragulations. I saw that uke on MGM's site the other day. Nice job snatching it up. He described a small nick on the back. Is it visible? Enjoy!

Congragulations. I saw that uke on MGM's site the other day. Nice job snatching it up. He described a small nick on the back. Is it visible? Enjoy!

I can't see the nick in any of the images Mike had posted. I'll let you know once it arrives. I had been looking to buy a KoAloha super concert, but wasn't crazy about the bowtie bridge; so, I can put up with a small ding to get the crown bridge. (Not to mention saving a few bucks.)

Last edited:
I can't see the nick in any of the images Mike had posted. I'll let you know once it arrives. I had been looking to buy a KoAloha super concert, but wasn't crazy about the bowtie bridge; so, I can put up with a small ding to get the crown bridge. (Not to mention saving a few bucks.)

I have to admit, I am sort of sorry to see those crown bridges go. They were one of the things that always stood out on a KoAloha ukulele. Sort of like the handwritten script for Coca-Cola, it kind of seemed like a trademark to me. Good job getting one that has it.

Congrats on your beautiful new ukulele.

Nice score on the crown bridge. Congratulations on the new KoAloha.

Jack

A KoAloha Longneck pineapple is on my buck list.

My KoAloha super concert arrived yesterday, and it looks even better than in the pics! I had it strung low-G, and at first I wasn't too comfortable with the sound (since I'm used to the high-G). But, after one evening with it, I'm learning that the low-G sounds great on some songs.

Here are a couple of pics. MGM listed the uke as having a small nick on the back. In the second image, I've circled the only nick I can find. And, nicely, the nick (more like a dent) is not raw wood, but is finished like the rest of the instrument.

I couldn't be happier with it! I've found that I really like the "holdability" of the concert body, with the spacing of the tenor neck.

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

Top Bottom