V3.0 of my Uke Hanger

eculuke

Reaction score
Alright guys, here is a sneak peak of V3.0 of my uke hangers I will be selling soon. I am very close to nailing it. Input would be appreciated. Last thing is how it affix's to the wall. Either A. two screws in the front. Or a routed out hole in the back to hang onto a wood screw.

v30001.jpg

v30003.jpg

v30004.jpg

v30005.jpg

that was my original thought but some people said since ukes actually weigh so little that a screw in the back might be fine. If I do them in the front the holes will be predrilled and the screws will be provided.

that was my original thought but some people said since ukes actually weigh so little that a screw in the back might be fine. If I do them in the front the holes will be predrilled and the screws will be provided.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but I don't know what volume you'll be selling these in. If it's not a huge quantity then maybe you could give the option of having either? I'm sure whatever you choose will be fine though :)

Looks AWESOME! I'd totally be up for getting 3 or 4 of them.

2 screws tot he front would be most stable. I've got some tenor ukes that are kinda heavy. you can always sink the hole for the screws and include 2 small wood plugs to go over them if people are concerned about the appearance.

It seems the consensus so far is two screws in the front. I will start by selling 10 and see how it goes. I am so close to my final product and have worked with the community here to design a pretty solid, decent looking hanger. I will see how it goes after the first 10. I think they will be about $10 + shipping.

Either attachment method would be okay with me, as long as the screws were of adequate length to use mollies to attach to drywall.

I hate to see two screw heads showing after all that nice work making it woody and decorative. I know the uke will cover them probably when they are hanging, but it is preferable to have it look nice all the time. Maybe you can paint the screws brown to match the wood, or like was said before, have a wood plug that hides the screw. I prefer the keyhole mount method. BTW, I really like the leafy design on this version. You might consider a multiple uke design, with several ukes on a rail. Fewer holes for drilling, and a neat presentation.

–Lori

Top Bottom