PDA

View Full Version : New forum colours

berylbite
12-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I miss the old, woody theme of the forums.. These feel so chilly.

upskydowncloud
12-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes they are quite cool (temperature wise!). I'm sure like with all change we'll get used to it in no time, I'm sure it's a good upgrade code wise.

Woo hoo for having post count back!

phanzo
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Give it some time, the old scheme will be back. The skin didnt transfer when Ryan did the update so he is working on a new one. This will not be permanent. He just figured it would be better to have the site up and running, while he worked on it, instead of it being down for 4-5 days until all the details were worked out.

bazmaz
12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
chilly! (I too prefer woody)

Melissa82
12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I miss the old, woody theme of the forums.. These feel so chilly.You should read this thread in its entirety.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?23762-Big-update-to-the-forums-coming-today-(12-28)

ricdoug
12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I prefer the previous scheme, too. As if Rayan does not already have enough on his plate, already. Good luck in the future patches. Ric

nikolo727
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Im cool with this new look. As long as everyone is still here, then im fine. :D

Brewerpaul
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Did you notice the TOP button down hear the bottom of each page? Now you can hit that and go right back to the top without having to scroll all the way back up. Me like.

Ahnko Honu
12-29-2009, 03:07 PM
It's a seasonal theme turning to green in spring then yellow in summer then orange in the fall. 8-)

Melissa82
12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Holy crud people, it's temporary. He is working on it. Yeesh.

ukecantdothat
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Holy crud people, it's temporary. He is working on it. Yeesh.Like others, I shall reserve judgment until it is Judgment Day... I can wait...

(tick, tock, tick, tock...:uhoh:)

delirious?fan101
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
too bad i think i like these colors better...:-(

scottie
12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Black, it's the new black.

phanzo
12-29-2009, 08:15 PM

seriously...wow

aviezero
12-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Did you notice the TOP button down hear the bottom of each page? Now you can hit that and go right back to the top without having to scroll all the way back up. Me like.

Just fyi in case you didn't know you can hit the Home button on your keyboard on any webpage.

HaileISela
12-30-2009, 08:37 AM

I want to thank you for constantly stating this on every ongoing thread, good job!:shaka:

Melissa82
12-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I want to thank you for constantly stating this on every ongoing thread, good job!:shaka:Lol, no, thank you. :)

Ahnko Honu
12-30-2009, 08:45 AM
I want to thank you for constantly stating this on every ongoing thread, good job!:shaka:

AMEN, Melissa you make an AWESOME forum color police. 8-)

Melissa82
12-30-2009, 08:51 AM
AMEN, Melissa you make an AWESOME forum color police. 8-)Move along, nothing to see here.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31bKPcyg1eL._AA280_.jpg

GreatGazukes
12-30-2009, 09:16 AM

UU Member " But officer, I was only looking for my skin tone"

Pigment Patrol Officer "Keep your niggling posts up where I can see them"................:)

Brewerpaul
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Just fyi in case you didn't know you can hit the Home button on your keyboard on any webpage.

Well many thanks. I never knew that! You just made my life a LOT easier.

KC8AFW
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Move along, nothing to see here.

Day-yumm!!

ukecantdothat
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I want to thank you (Melissa82) for constantly stating this on every ongoing thread, good job!:shaka:
Yes, yes!!! Deep breaths, everybody... (but cool it on the heavy breathing!...:drool:)

UkuEroll
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
It's so funny how just a change of color can provoke so much debate. I was watching a clip on film making and how they can make the audiences mood change just by changing the background color of a character, if the the character is always shown with a blue background and then suddenly changed for another color, the audience immediately become uncomfortable, they automatically realize something is wrong or about to change. reading through the posts this phenomenon is at work here.

scottie
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
I like black.

rayan
12-30-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm currently traveling so I'm not going to be able to fix it up til i get back to kauai. (picking up koa wood for the undies on the big island). I'd like to get everyone's opinion though on the black vs brown theme because our new version of ukulele underground is more black-ish. let me know if you'd rather have it stick to the browns instead of switching over to black or if you think its time for a change. I'll take a look when I get back and make the changes accordingly.

Thanks for being patient.

MisoHappy
12-30-2009, 09:37 PM
I liked the old color scheme, since it matched the front page, but the black is cool too.

I know that doesn't help much XD

UkuEroll
12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm not too bothered about the color as long as the content stays the same.

HaileISela
12-31-2009, 01:57 AM
I like it the way it is. no matter how it looks^^

wickedwahine11
12-31-2009, 04:47 AM
I'm currently traveling so I'm not going to be able to fix it up til i get back to kauai. (picking up koa wood for the undies on the big island). I'd like to get everyone's opinion though on the black vs brown theme because our new version of ukulele underground is more black-ish. let me know if you'd rather have it stick to the browns instead of switching over to black or if you think its time for a change. I'll take a look when I get back and make the changes accordingly.

I would definitely prefer the brown by a large margin, because I always thought it was sort of cool to have the brown for a few reasons: 1) brown is the color of a lot of ukuleles and koa wood, 2) the underground to me fits brown better as ground/dirt, etc. is brown, 3) so many other websites/forums/use black and very few places have brown -- kind of like how most musicians/stores on the mainland focus on guitars and ukulele is more fringe and underground, I think the brown fits that niche better.

But thanks for all your hard work in providing this forum for all of us either way. :)

RevWill
12-31-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm kind of used to the new look already.

Ahnko Honu
12-31-2009, 05:03 AM
I like purple. :drool:

Ukulele JJ
12-31-2009, 05:04 AM
I'd like to get everyone's opinion though on the black vs brown theme because our new version of ukulele underground is more black-ish. let me know if you'd rather have it stick to the browns instead of switching over to black or if you think its time for a change.

As long as you're asking... I really liked the brown scheme.

JJ

leftovermagic84
12-31-2009, 05:38 AM

+1 :agree:

ukecantdothat
12-31-2009, 05:42 AM

JJ

I kinda like the wood grain look of the home page - more ukey - and the pure white is a bit stark, maybe a muted version would have less glare. Also, as long as you are taking feedback, the line delineating the signature from the post is there, but very faint. I understand that the site is still under construction, and that may be a design issue due to be addressed. That said, I'm not a "hey what are doing to my site?" guy. Nothing wrong with moving the furniture now and then. Go with your instincts. You guys are doing a great, I repeat, a great, job here!

Melissa82
12-31-2009, 05:47 AM
The colour doesn't matter to me.

CountryMouse
12-31-2009, 05:48 AM

I would like to stay with brown...brown for that nice woodsy feel. :)

CountryMouse

leftovermagic84
12-31-2009, 06:29 AM
The colour doesn't matter to me.

if you're going to spell all british, you need a new police outfit

https://www.adultsfancydress.co.uk/ProdImages/SMI/61314_b.jpg

Melissa82
12-31-2009, 06:49 AM
if you're going to spell all british, you need a new police outfitIt's Canadian.
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/Neophyte282/canadarcmp.jpg

pithaya9
12-31-2009, 06:57 AM
It's Canadian.
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/Neophyte282/canadarcmp.jpg

I was going to say that , but I knew you would be along to correct us. Happy New Year Melissa.

Jack

leftovermagic84
12-31-2009, 07:01 AM
It's Canadian.

I'm suddenly surprised there isn't more crime in Canada...

HaileISela
12-31-2009, 07:43 AM
where do you guys get all those fancy police officers from? ok, no need to say google^^

berylbite
01-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Since when did you guys get so prickly. I wasn't aware that this forum jazz was under construction, I don't gaggle about spending hours sifting through every thread.

Melissa82
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
It's amazing what you can find if you take a minute to look.

haolejohn
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
It's amazing what you can find if you take a minute to look.

Agreed. Like this thread is in the wrong space IMO. This is Uke Talk section and this thread is about forum colors. Which would seem more appropiate in General or somewhere else unless we can tie it into ukulele talk. So I think the new forum colors should be fully figured koa grain type colors. A combination of black and brown:)

GreatGazukes
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I kinda like the wood grain look of the home page - more ukey - and the pure white is a bit stark, maybe a muted version would have less glare. Also, as long as you are taking feedback, the line delineating the signature from the post is there, but very faint. I understand that the site is still under construction, and that may be a design issue due to be addressed. That said, I'm not a "hey what are doing to my site?" guy. Nothing wrong with moving the furniture now and then. Go with your instincts. You guys are doing a great, I repeat, a great, job here!:agree:

Yep, what this guy says!

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-02-2010, 01:18 AM
I still get the same use out of this forum.

thisnthat
01-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Personally I prefer the brown. It's more aesthetically pleasing to the eye and makes the forum stand out as more unique.
This may sound daft but if I find say three forums all on the same subject I tend to favour the one that has more of it's own style in the forums. It's just nicer being in a warm, unique environment instead something that looks like every other forum.
My $0.02 I won't have a break down if it stays black but I do prefer the brown.

cocohonk
01-05-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't really care about the colors (though I do like the beigey color rather than white), but I really miss the old format for some reason. It felt more engaging and easier to navigate and to read for me, I guess.

Hm, I guess I AM an old fart. :)

RevWill
01-05-2010, 04:55 AM
I kind of like the new look.

If you scroll to the very bottom of any page there is a drop-down on the lower left that says "vB4 Default Style." That's a style chooser for the board's skin. I hope Rayan leaves us this option in the style chooser.

And I'm loving the update because YouTube vids can be embedded in the posts. That's much nicer IMO than having to click an external link.

Aldrine Guerrero
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
And I'm loving the update because YouTube vids can be embedded in the posts. That's much nicer IMO than having to click an external link.

Yes most definitely! That's one of the best features on this new layout.

buddhuu
01-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Licks of paint may come and go. It's still home.

Whatever works for the majority is fine with me.

Just remember it's Ryan who has to do the work and spend hours with his head shoved up his CSS. It requires more than just clicking on a colour selector, so whatever the consensus, we need to allow him time to fit the work in alongside his real life.

Ryan, you do have a real life, right?

RON<>VA
01-09-2010, 07:09 AM
New color scheme. I like the more contemporary, modern look.