Kudos for KoAloha

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
I want to relate a story...

A couple of months ago I purchased a new Pineapple Sunday from MGM. I noticed within a short period of time that it was 'buzzy' at times. I contacted Brian at KoAloha to see if there was a simple solution; Brian suggested that I send the PS back to them (at their expense) so they could take a look at it.

It turned out that the neck had developed a slight twist; they tried to use clamps to fix the problem, but it didn't work. So, Brian emailed me yesterday to say that Papa KoAloha (Alvin Okami) will be building a new PS for me. The 'Better-Than-The-Weather' warranty comes to the rescue!

They've got a customer for life in me! (And with UAS, that could add up to quite a few ukes.) I ordered a KoAloha super concert yesterday.

Many thanks to all of the KoAloha family!

KoAloha="Numero Uno !"

Did yours happen to be in a tweed case? I might have seen yours when I was at the factory.

I have a KoAloha superconcert that I bought used which had a slight twist in the neck since the previous owner had put low G worth clears on it, but had it tuned to high G. (Yes, it is possible, and I played it for about a month like that without knowing any better...I didn't know what a low G was back then.) So now, my neck has a slight twist in it, but the action was high, so I had no problems with buzzing. And even after Brian lowered it a few week ago, there is still no buzzing. So mine is still golden. :)

That's great news with your Pineapple Sunday though, and awesome of KoAloha!

I can't wait to get my PS back from the factory with some electronics in it. Then time to satini-ify the neck!

I'll be stopping by there tomorrow myself to say "Aloha"

dont forget to say hi to me too! everybody says hi to paul guys and i get left with the "hey was that you at the shop today?"

I'll be stopping by there tomorrow myself to say "Aloha"

Hey Ronnie, take some pictures. I've never done a KoAloha stop and I'd like to see some factory photos. Have a great time!

wait wait, so if I put low g's on one of my ukuleles, it'll twist the neck!? I thought the neck was built to withstand that kind of pressure

Hey Ronnie, take some pictures. I've never done a KoAloha stop and I'd like to see some factory photos. Have a great time!

Sorry Staci but I didn't do a tour. I just went to visit with Mom, Pops and the gang. Those folks are busier than ever and the thread about price increases won't affect them at all. They can't build them fast enough. In fact, Island Legends in Torrance has been waiting for months for KoAloha tenors.

The employees there are a true ohana. They all seem to appreciate each other and have mutual respect for one another. Its evident that this flows from the top down.

I may stop by again tomorrow if I have time since Pops is getting his CD shipment delivered by Daniel Ho that day. He played one of the tracks for me and sang along with it.

All in all, just a typical day at KoAloha...

nice meeting you too! ii actually went to damien, my dad didnt want me going to castle.

LOL, yeah my folks wanted me to go to Damien too. In fact, I went down to the school and took the entrance test. While I was there I saw a few kids on the football field pulling weeds as part of detention. That was enough for me. I told my folks that I refused to go there even though my brother had just graduated from there.

Top Bottom