PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Apple!

Raygf
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
It does pay to be nice. I took my 4.5 year old iMac G5 to the Apple Store Genius Bar for the second time in just over a week and got the same tech. He remembered me and during the process happened to check my feedback response about my first visit. It was stellar because he worked hard to help me and I greatly appreciated it. He thanked me and told me that they appreciate my positive feedback and are replacing the logic board and power supply for FREE! I should have it back in 2 days. Woo Hoo! I don't have to spend $1400 on a new iMac! I have spent the past week without access to most of my 60 GB of music files. They are backed up in restoreable files, just not useable mp3 format. I have a plan to use my older 250 GB external HD to physically store the mp3s and am getting a Seagate 1TB external HD with an Amazon certificate from my World Points Visa program. I'll use that with Time Machine for back up.
:nana:I love getting stuff with points scored by buying stuff.:nana:

Regards,
Ray

Bluke
12-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Good for you! Was a uke involved in the deal?

Ukulele JJ
12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Big ol' honking external drive + Time Machine = awesomeness!

JJ

Raygf
12-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Good for you! Was a uke involved in the deal?

Ha, ha, ha! You are good. Yes an uke was involved, for me that is. I've had a concert neck, surf flea with a rosewood fingerboard saved in a cart at Flea Market for a while now. It will be ordered by tomorrow.
Regards,
Ray

Raygf
12-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Big ol' honking external drive + Time Machine = awesomeness!

JJ

I love your signature JJ. Listen, listen, listen and then listen some more! I love listening.
Regards,
Ray