It's Here! My Ohana Sopranino--I'm in Love! (PICS)

pdxuke

Reaction score
My Special Ukulele Friends!

My Ohana SK21 Sopranino is here! And so is a holiday snow storm in Portland, OR:

ukesnow1.jpg

Here without flash so you can see the snow storm out window, and

ukesnow2.jpg

...with flash so you can see the uke a bit better.

I am absolutely in love. Came from Elderly, set up beautifully, action great, Aquila strings (still settling.) Love the bright sound. It's just adorable, so much fun to play.

And since I'm an actor who plays a one man Christmas Carol every year (http://pdxchristmas.com) and the uke is so small, isn't what to name it obvious?

TINY TIM.

Ooh...me likey! Congratulations! I see the ghost of Christmas Presents was very kind indeed.

Congrats on the new addition. I sure have enjoyed playing mine. Down the road, you might try Freemont black carbon strings, they sound great on the sopranino.

Ohana makes a very nice gigbag that fits the sopranino. Uke Republic has had them - don't know if they do right now or not, but check them out. http://www.ukerepublic.com/Cases.html

Aww, it's adorable! I've had my eye on that uke for a while. Maybe someday. Congratulations!! :D

Just ordered a Gig Bag from Mike at Uke Republic:

sk21gigbag.jpg

$28 shipped

I also talked to Ohana; they have a hard shell SK21 case in the works! :rock:

Now THAT is cool! I had an Ohana sopranino for a little while but my fumble fingers just weren't happy, though my ears were... have a great time with yours, Thom - they're sure cool itty bitty ukes!

I love my Sopranino! I've had it about a year, with aquilas as set up by MGM. It really 'opens' up, and intonation seems to get better the longer I have it. I may try the Fremonts on it at some point, as they are my new favorite string for my Flea.
Keep playing it, and you'll notice it getting better and better. A whole lot of fun for strummin!!!! :D
Cheers,
Skottoman

I've been wanting one of these for a while. That's great that Ohana is making a hardshell case for it! Hmm, hmm... I might have to give in and get one.

Congrats! I love my sopranino and it's the axe I grab most often.
Ernest

Top Bottom