Solid Koa double puka abalone iinlay mele tenor

haolejohn

Reaction score
For Sale: Mele Solid Koa Double Puka with Abalone Inlay
Size: Tenor
Strings: Ko'olau Golds, Low G (high G in case)
Case: One of those styrofoam hard cases
Cost: $400 plus shipping (around $30)
Video clip: 12/30/09 at 1:45 am http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7e7gpbO3M
Trade: I will take either a solid mahaghany Mele or mainland plus cash if you got (no other brands sorry)
Why: Couple of reasons:
1. I don't play it b/c of my koalohas
2. Need to buy some exercise equipment because I'm fat
3. Someone needs a solid koa ukulele
Information you might find useful:
I bought this ukulele back in May. It arrived at my house on May 29, 2009. I know this b/c that was the night that Jake S. played the red light cafe. I took it to the show to play while waiting in line and DeG played the crap out of it. Jake even commented how awesome DeG played after DeG played a song on it. I got Jake to signb it b/c my wife wanted him to sign something. Anyways this ukulele is one of my dream ukes and if my wife wasn't a college student and if I actually had money I'd just buy the treadmill that I want, however that isn't the case. I can not sell any of my KoAlohas because they have too much sentimental value to me. I got this ukulele at a significant discount because it has a factory repaired crack that was repaired before the finish was applied to the ukulele. I ended up paying $440 for the ukulele and it had a price tag of $999. I want to sell it for $400 plus shipping. That is what I paid for it but I had to get the case seperately so you basically get a free case. I will only ship to US or Canada unless you are willing to pay the extra for shipping and insurance. I'm in no rush to sell it and I am pretty firm on the price. I can always walk and then run so treadmill isn't necessarily a neccessity. I am also going to buy a mahaghany uke from Mele with a little of the money I get from this ukulele.
Pics and videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5r5JpyWZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4r-y979ro
The picture of the back with my wife's thumb is the repair.

Attachments

• IMG00044.jpg
    IMG00044.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG00040.jpg
    IMG00040.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG00035.jpg
    IMG00035.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
more pics for you

Attachments

• IMG00038.jpg
    IMG00038.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00034.jpg
    IMG00034.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 47
Two more pics. The pictures were taken with my blackberry and my camera is in my classroom which i will not have access to until January 4th.

Attachments

• IMG00033.jpg
    IMG00033.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG00036.jpg
    IMG00036.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG00034.jpg
    IMG00034.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
The new forum keeps destroying my posts b/c I hit "reply to thread" instead of "post quick reply" when I'm done.

But that's a sexy uke.

But why do you want a treadmill? Running outside is WAAAY better unless you really want to watch TV at the same time.

The new forum keeps destroying my posts b/c I hit "reply to thread" instead of "post quick reply" when I'm done.

But that's a sexy uke.

But why do you want a treadmill? Running outside is WAAAY better unless you really want to watch TV at the same time.

I agree but right now it is winter time here in Georgia:) Actually I scored some of thos adjustable dumbells 90lbs each for $200 for a pair (they were priced wrong supposed to have been $600) and I want to set up a circut with the weights and a cardio machine in our bonus room(former garage). I'd prefer an elliptical but the wife found a good deal on treadmill. Also once I lose 40 or so pounds I'll be hitting the pavement. So half the money goes towards a piece of cardio equipment and the other half goes towards my next Mele.

LOL John. Why do I get the feeling that the proceeds from the sale of your Mele will go towards another KoAloha and not a treadmill.

KoAloha or treadmill, not much to think about with those choices. LOL

Jack

KoAloha or treadmill, not much to think about with those choices. LOL

Jack

Lol. No koaloha. I am getting a mele solid mahaghany uke though (either concert or soprano). I'm trying to put a small home gym together but it is costier than I thought. I wish I was getting a new koaloha but that'll be tax time decision:)

Top Bottom