Vineyard Mahogany, Anybody tried one?

kenikas

Reaction score
I have been trying out a vineyard solid mahaghany pineapple from ukerepublic. As far as my untrained ears and nonskills it is a bargain priced ukulele. I believe they are made in the same plant that the ohanas and others are made in China. The lower price might be b/c they are liquidating their solid line and going to stick to laminates. Now my facts might be off b/c it is 2 am and it has been two weeks since i talked to ukerepublic about them. I can get you a good deal on this pineapple if you are interested. I also thought that the vineyard pineapple sounded pretty good. I actually liked the sound over the kala solid mahaghany that I compared it too.

Last edited:
That looks like a pretty good price for that Vineyard.
I've only experienced two Vineyards, and neither are the model you're wanting. But I'll share my opinion on what I do know. I too believe they're from the same manufacture of Ohanas. There's too many identical designs.
A local music store has a koa Vineyard concert that I adore. It's the best sounding uke they have on display, sounds better than the Martins they have.
I just got a different Vineyard concert used on ebay. Not loving it. Some fret buzz and not in tune with itself.

That one you're eyeing up is very tempting though. There's more than one for sale, awesome!

There is a guarantee

Hi All:

I sent a message to Rich, the seller of this Ebay Vineyard concert (has a tenor too, I think.) Despite the listing saying NO RETURNS he assured me buyers have a10 day return, we pay return postage which seems reasonable. He'll also set these up with any upgraded strings you buy from him before shipping out. He has a 100% positive feedback rating.

$109 seems like a great price for a Concert solid wood uke. Of course I don't know how it plays, or the workmanship.

If I liked concert sizes, I might go for it. But I seem to have settled on Sopranos!:drool:

I have been trying out a vineyard solid mahaghany pineapple from ukerepublic. As far as my untrained ears and nonskills it is a bargain priced ukulele. I believe they are made in the same plant that the ohanas and others are made in China. The lower price might be b/c they are liquidating their solid line and going to stick to laminates. Now my facts might be off b/c it is 2 am and it has been two weeks since i talked to ukerepublic about them. I can get you a good deal on this pineapple if you are interested. I also thought that the vineyard pineapple sounded pretty good. I actually liked the sound over the kala solid mahaghany that I compared it too.

I have been very tempted by Pineapples lately (this UAS my be the death of me!!), but my old fingers just have a hard time with the soprano fretboard. I've been mostly playing tenor but want to try concert. Thanks all for your responces.

Top Bottom