Well hello there!

robo

Reaction score
I've owned a ukulele for a total of one week now and I'm loving it way more already than any other musical instrument i've tried. (trumpet, guitar, bass, piano, trombone, recorder, digital music software, and mini electric organ) My father has made his living on the guitar for most of his life and now teaches band, my grandfather was also a band director and is currently in 4 separate brass bands, my mother has played piano all her life but unfortunately i never really got any of that natural musical talent that seems to run in my family's blood. I got a uke because I was looking for an instrument that I could pick up, and play from time to time and still make music that doesn't make the ears bleed. I have no intentions of becoming professional or even performing amaturely other than for friends but here is the thing... I think the uke is perfect for that, but now that I have one, i find myself wanting to go all out and I see videos on youtube and am quickly becoming obsessed. I am a govt worker by day but my job is really boring so I have plenty of time to use your tax dollars (those in the USA) to surf the forums. You all seem really nice and helpful and I look forward to chatting with you all and I apologize for any annoying and pestering questions I end up asking.

Welcome to UU!! I think it's a fine use of my tax dollars...if you're looking at ukulele stuff. :D Be warned! UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome) will set in. Then there is no hope. You'll need one of every size/color/style/wood-type/etc...

i think i'm already in the early stages of UAS... i can't stop looking at them!

as long are you don't use our tax dollars on feeding your UAS needs then all is fine. hahah. welcome and enjoy everything the forum has to offer

Top Bottom