First Video!

Pete Beardsley

Reaction score
Alrighty then. Against my better judgement I have posted my first video on YouTube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZtsfstiE-c

I Don't Like Mondays that of Boomtown Rats fame.

Yes, I know I am too fat, can't sing and can't play, but aside from that its not too bad methinks. :D

Constructive criticism welcomed.

Congratulations on your first video! :smileybounce:

That was an excellent performance for you first video. Especially considering that you've only been playing for less than 2 weeks. I think after 2 weeks, I could barely strum. I didn't post my first video until I'd been at it about 2 months (that's where I could make it through a whole song without it completely falling apart). Great job, and I hope to see more from you.

Good job guy. I really don't know the song, but it sounded good to me. I could understand the words, you have a good strumming rhytm/pattern going there. Awesome for 2 weeks. You must have some kind of music background....right?

Thanks guys. the encouragement means a lot to me. :D

@Mim - Not sure mellow is the right word! lol

@KC8AFW - You didn't see how many "takes" I had to do before I got to that!

@UkuEroll - Screen name just suits my stupid personality perfectly!

@Dino - No real musical experience at all. I tried guitar for about 2 weeks when I was a teenager and soon got fed up. But that was a very long time ago!

Thanks again guys. As soon as my fingers stop hurting i will practice some more!

:rock: That was great, from your description I was expecting much worse, well done, keep em coming. I'm not trying to be kind either, it really was decent. My missus watched as I was telling her that you where a newbie like me and had been brave enough to
post up like I did even though you didn't rate yourself, she said it was great too. Well done.

Cheers Tony. And indeed Mrs Tony! :D

My theory is, people watching you can see what you are doing wrong a lot easier than you can yourself so the feedback can be great. Reckon it should also give a good point of reference in, say a years time to how much improvement has been made. :cool:

Enjoyed your first Vid

Great stuff mate. Only thing I would say...and this applies to my vids too is that I too suffer from getting the sound exactly how I want it...No doubt we can share ideas on how to solve this when we both experiment a bit..As for the song choice, strummin, chording and singing...great stuff for 11 days..but as others have implied...you have played instruments before yes?

Thanks again everyone. Your encouragement is really appreciated. :cool:

Great stuff mate. Only thing I would say...and this applies to my vids too is that I too suffer from getting the sound exactly how I want it...No doubt we can share ideas on how to solve this when we both experiment a bit..As for the song choice, strummin, chording and singing...great stuff for 11 days..but as others have implied...you have played instruments before yes?

Thanks for your input dude.
A lot of the sound issues for me stem from the fact that I don't have any suitable recording equipment. This vid was done with nothing more than a digital stills camera with an onboard mic! As time goes by and I improve I hope to get something a little more useable and experiment a bit with recording techniques and environments. Early days for both of us yet.

As above, the only musical experience I have was a couple of weeks worth of guitar playing around 25 years ago. I mastered 2 chords and learned "on top of old smokey" before my attention span ran out and I moved onto something else!:D But thanks as that really is a big compliment.
With most things I try I find I can pick up the basics readily but then have to fight to progress, so we'll have to see how it goes.

All I can say is, wow, if you are playing like this after 11 days, you will be mastering some really complex stuff in no time.

Well done on your video, I wish I had been as half as good as that after 11 weeks, let alone 11 days.

You performed some nice chord changes and strumming.... hey, but don't forget to breath when your singing. LOL

Top Bottom