Intro Post! : )

TreF

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Trevor, and i am from SLC Utah. I have lived near this area my whole life. I am 23 years old and am studying Electronics Engineering. I have been married to a beautiful woman for almost a year now, and have been together for nearly 6.

When I was in high school I was friends with a lot guys from Samoa and Tonga. Their passion for creating simple music with their voices and Ukes truly inspired me. One of my friends let me borrow one of his Ukes semi-long term and I found great joy in playing along using the few cords I was taught. It was never about playing and being serious, It was just to express the friendship and love we had for each other... Kind of gushy i know, but hey, im sure some know what im talking about.

I eventually gave the Uke back, and kind of forgot about it. Since then i have truly loved listening to many Uke players on Youtube, but i never really thought i could play it myself. Thats where UU came along. I stumbled upon one of Aldrine's lesson videos. (sorry if i spelled the name wrong >.<) having him teach me the chords and strum patterns bought all those great memories back to me.

So, I used my an $80 Amazon gift card my Mother gave me for Christmas to order myself an Uke, Tuner, and some strings. I got a Oscar Schmidt concert Uke, model OU2, after looking up much information about different brands and such. I also heard a few people on Youtube playing one, and like the way it sounds a lot, it should be here monday! I think it should be great to learn on until I'm ready to upgrade! Whats great is the strings, tuner, and uke totaled 78 dollars and some change. its like it was meant to be LOL

Anyway. thanks for reading my wall-o-text

Trev

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Trevor!! There are a lot of resources for learning here. Don't be afraid to ask questions along the way. Someone here will know the answer...or at least make something up that sounds really good. :)

I too studied Electronics Engineering (back when we learned vacuum tubes and TTL logic)...now I'm an automation dude at a pharmaceutical manufacturer.

I was still taught TTL logic, but not vacuum tubes. Though i would really love to! i had a big interest in nixie tubes and actually build a clock out of them.

Last edited:
nixie tubes... sounds like little fairies are trapped in them. :p welcome to UU.

Welcome! I also have a love for all thing Samoan!!! I had friends growing up who were Samoan and a great friend from Samoa who introduced me to Llava Llavas and Poi balls! She was on a mission in my area in Virginia. I lived in happy valley for 4 years for college! I am a beginner too. Welcome!

Top Bottom