PDA

View Full Version : which electric uke and bass uke???

fumanshu
05-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi guys...I was just wondering if anyone tried a few electric uke and have some to suggest...

And how do they compare to each other...

I know Bugsgear and K-Wave are doing some..but just don't know how they are and don't know who else are making some too....

Also....does anybody here tried any bass uke???

Thanks

seeso
05-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I haven't tried any of the above, but there's a review of a Bugsgear Eleuke in the review section.

http://ukuleleunderground.com/ukereviews/viewReviews.php?modelID=271&manufacturerID=10

Plainsong
05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Risa, Risa, and then Risa. They make acoustic electrics and also real honest-to-goodness steel string stuff. A new one they're working on uses humbuckers I think, built in the baby Les Paul style. www.ukulele.de

JoeyJr858
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I've played a few...

- a nahenahe tenor 6 string - brilliant sound acoustic and plugged in. better be for $2500.00 (not mine tho)
- my kamaka tenor - LOVE IT! I've recorded a few songs w/ it, and it sounds SAAWWEEEEETT!!!
- fluke - I tried one out a few years back. Sounded decent... may have been the amp at the shop though...
- ovation applause tenor; my buddy owns one... I love it plugged in and the action's super easy... because the lack of sound hole, it doesn't project acoustically as much as I'd like...
- there's one more... I can't recall what it's called. I think it was made in Germany and looks like a mini practice guitar; kinda like a fret board w/ no body... hmm... Dom from Tribal Theory plays one at their shows. It sounds SIK!!

I guess it depends on if you wanna use it as both acoustic and plugged... yknow?

Bass uke...? never played one... sorry.

Hope this helps! =)