it all started with saigo no iiwake...

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
while i was living in the philippines, i heard this beautiful sounding japanese song called "saigo no iiwake" first it was covered by pinoys on local variety shows. then i started hearing translations... english, two different versions in tagalog. later i come to find out that this song was so popular that it was translated into (if i remember correctly) 9 languages. ok maybe not directly translated. but the music and the melody was used.

and then came parokya ni edgar. and that song called "harana". that was translated into english by our very own aldrine guererro. and covered by danyo cummings. and then all sorts of craziness happened hahaha.

ok so... where am i getting to? well i was browsing through some of my youtube subscriptions and i get to rayan's page. and i see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4ibVUUM3w

it has begun.

"harana" tagalog version, written by danyo cummings, performed by nukedoc619, translated to english version "serenade" by parokya ni edgar, subtitled for the hearing impaired by ukulelesreggae, translated to japanese by aldrine guererro, and donuts provided by seeso.

:D:p:D:p

NukeDOC said:

translated to japanese by aldrine guererro

English perhaps? ;) This reminds me of a book by this foreign guy who walked the islands of Japan and every time he spoke Japanese to the local folk, they would answer that they didn't speak English. Things that people say is nothing but what you want them to be saying.

So, don't forget the props to Mr. Tiger Younoji for the actual musical backdrop...

English perhaps? ;) This reminds me of a book by this foreign guy who walked the islands of Japan and every time he spoke Japanese to the local folk, they would answer that they didn't speak English. Things that people say is nothing but what you want them to be saying.

So, don't forget the props to Mr. Tiger Younoji for the actual musical backdrop...

actually i meant to say that. its a long time inside joke here on the forums because you'll see it everywhere on youtube.

PNE wrote "harana"
aldrine translated it to english and made "serenade"
danyo covered it

but on youtube youll find a bunch of covers of "serenade written by danyo cummings" hahaha.

so yeah that whole part in blue was just a big joke that been going on here for the longest time.

...its a long time inside joke here on the forums because you'll see it everywhere on youtube...just a big joke that been going on here for the longest time.

That 's the so-called "noob-factor". New members added to established groups is fine, but sometimes they will start explaining your incrowd jokes to you because they don't get them theirselves... So... does Aldrine speak Japanese??? :D

Sorry, I should stop posting late at night. Terribly sorry about the upset, I could feel the karma ooze away... :eek:

Top Bottom