ALOHA from the 702 state!!

iamdelfunk

Reaction score
I'm your typical filipino local boy who grew up on the island of Oahu (Y-PAHU) ever since I was a little kid both sides of my family has been musical with Ukuleles. At every BBQ it was only a matter of time until "the uncles" would gather around the bbq grill to jam the night away with tunes from old folk filipino songs to Jahwaiian' reggae and R&B remixes. Honestly I never would have thought I would ever want a chance to learn how to play a Ukulele being the fact that it was so typical to have one in the house as a kid I was always taught not to touch dad's expensive Ukulele. As I grew older more and more friends learned how to jam on the Ukulele and soon I was inspired! I'm currently in the market of purchasing one at the moment...
What do you all recommend?? Brand? Size?

I stumbled upon this site after seeing one of Aldrine's You Tube videos I think it was the cover he did to "Send you my Love" by Born Jamaricans and he mentioned Ukulele Underground.com at the end of the clip!!!

Thank you for the inspiration ALDRINE I could only wish to be as good as you someday!

Last edited:
E Komo Mai Brah! I was born and raised in Kalihi/Palama and now stay livin on da mainland. You'd be surprised how many "locals" get. There's a bunch of us who get together and kanikapila Friday evenings. So yea, good fun. LV get plenty locals too. As fo one uke, you gotta decide what you wanna spend. I would look at Kala, Mainland, Ohana again depends on your price range. As fo da size, you gotta try and play each one and see what stay comfortable for you. If you still get connections back in da 808, you can have em look around fo you. Or you can check with MGM, he get pretty good prices and selection and he stay in Kaneohe. If you get questions, post or PM me and try help you out.

We'll be in San Diego this weekend to catch the Chargers/Redskins game does anyone know any good Ukulele dealers in the San Diego area? I honestly am looking forward on picking one up! Then again I can always ask the cousins to send me one from home but that's too much hassle

Howzit brah, welcome to UU. Start your own backyard jam, and I'll come over for BBQ. I'll bring the booze and of course my uke.

We'll be in San Diego this weekend to catch the Chargers/Redskins game does anyone know any good Ukulele dealers in the San Diego area? I honestly am looking forward on picking one up! Then again I can always ask the cousins to send me one from home but that's too much hassle

Check out da Uke Stores List . . .

Ooh definitely get one in Cali cause as you probably know there's not too much variety in Vegas (Aloha 2 Go sells a couple of Kala ukes, Sam Ash has a good collection of Flukes and Fleas and an okay range of ukes, Guitar Center is not worth going to). Especially for your first, you need to touch and hold the ukes to know what you like.

Also, since Dave hasn't gotten here yet, I'll invite you to join the Las Vegas Ukulele Club (www.meetup.com/Ukulele-Club-of-Las-Vegas)

We meet up once a week (alternating Saturdays and Thursdays) at a church (although we're not church-affiliated) and jam. It's a great resource, there are people there who have never touched a uke and people who are totally amazing.

Top Bottom