PDA

View Full Version : GOT MY FIRST UKE!! finally.

Vroom
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
after what seems like forever I finally got my uke! It's a makala MK-T and i love it! just tuned it (got from MGM, great deal)

question though, what is the pitch pipe that is supposed to come with? either I'm really clueless or it wasn't in there.. I had a tuner anyways so w.e

EXTREMELY HAPPY RIGHT NOW

very sad i have to work in less than 2 hours :(

Fred Miu
05-05-2008, 10:24 AM
post a pic and a video of it bro!!!

we want to see your new baby! haha

russ_buss
05-05-2008, 10:26 AM
congrats vroom! i know it's been a long time coming so have lots of fun with your new uke. and like fred said, we'll be waiting for those rockin' videos!

cheers!

JoeyJr858
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
1st of many, yeah? =)

you're gonna get that UAS! hehe

Vroom
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
post a pic and a video of it bro!!!

we want to see your new baby! haha

Oh I will! as soon as I buy a decent camera with video on it! haha. unless I can find a way to take videos with my webcam.

congrats vroom! i know it's been a long time coming so have lots of fun with your new uke. and like fred said, we'll be waiting for those rockin' videos!
cheers!

Thanks guys! yeah, I'm totally psyched. it sounds really nice too. I don't even want to know what it'd be like to play some of the legendary ukes i've seen on videos.
Yeah I will totally post some vids... after I finish at least one song! haha, I have to stop sucking so much. I don't know what to learn first!

Vroom
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
1st of many, yeah? =)

you're gonna get that UAS! hehe

Heck yes I already want one made of koa and i just got my first uke!

drubin
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Congrats Vroom! Enjoy your new uke! :D

seeso
05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats Vroom! I bet you can take video with your webcam. Just download the manual for it.

Vroom
05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Okay, So I took a couple pics! All my cats are afraid of my uke right now! I have six. So i will wait till I can entice them all to my uke to take a pic for that thread. haha.

quality is lacking.

http://i25.tinypic.com/8vtf94.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7lm6o.jpg

and yeah after work or tomorrow I will try and make a video!!

deach
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
That's cool but you're holding it backwards. just kidding!

You look like the proud papa of a newborn child. Congrats!

seeso
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Nice! Congrats!

UkeNinja
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
These forums will be a lot more fun now that you have achieved full membership, including a sacred object of your own. You realize that it should get its own room, with an altar and candles to be lit every night at 19:14 exactly?

As for the pitch pipe, you can use that to blow a psychedelic bassline when rocking out. Either that, or match the strings to the sound from the pipe. But perhaps the ultimate purpose for pitch pipes might be to get exchanged for an electronic tuner: much faster and easier. Unfortunately, you lose the ability to blow your basslines :cool:

Btw, it looks like you've got the posture down perfectly already. Looks like we're on the same level ;)

degracia
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Congrats! I, myself, own the same exact MGM Makala MK-T courtesy of deach :)

Guting
05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
cherry uke, looks way more better than my hazed LU21t

Bourbon Boy
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey man good for you. I remember when i got my first uke..SIGH...now i am saving my pennies for a Tenor "Koaloha"....Ill put up some pics on my little cocoroach when i get her...heheh

Poi Dog
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Congrats VROOM!!

NotoriousMOK
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Congrats Vroom -- we'll look forward to your vids!

Have fun!

Vroom
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
:D I'm so happy. I just played what I remember of bubbly toes, and it sounds not too bad!

my only concern is that it seems to go out of tune rather quickly, but then again maybe thats my fault of how I'm plucking the strings. and what I mean by the pitchpipe... what is it? I can't find anything besides the chordbook, uke, and case... it seems its not in there?

Thanks! you guys are the best!

Ukulele_Junkie
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
my only concern is that it seems to go out of tune rather quickly

probably just distending. give it a day or two, also u can try to pull the strings to stretch it out for a good minute or so.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Okay, So I took a couple pics! All my cats are afraid of my uke right now! I have six. So i will wait till I can entice them all to my uke to take a pic for that thread. haha.

quality is lacking.

http://i25.tinypic.com/8vtf94.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r7lm6o.jpg

and yeah after work or tomorrow I will try and make a video!!

what you gunna name your uke? :D

*edit*
congrats btw :)

Vroom
05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
what you gunna name your uke? :D

*edit*
congrats btw :)

Eduardo!!! no, that's not right. I will have to ponder that.

FYI posted my first vid! its nothing much... well haven't posted it as much as am waiting for it to upload...

and thanks!! :p

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
as soon as it uploads, hit us up with da link brah

Vroom
05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
as soon as it uploads, hit us up with da link brah

:D Finally uploaded. Posted a thread on videos/links as well.

First Vid :) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2YzPqncUFnM)

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-05-2008, 08:52 PM
lol msn going off :D

U got ur first ukulele video before i did :(

I need to buy a cam quarter (sp??) LOL
*edit*
i put a comment btw :D

Vroom
05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
lol msn going off :D

U got ur first ukulele video before i did :(

I need to buy a cam quarter (sp??) LOL
*edit*
i put a comment btw :D

sweet I saw that thanks! oh and... cam corder. haha. It turns out my webcam works just fine.

Plainsong
05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
That uke sounds sweet. Congrats! It's always a good day when a uke shows up at the door. :D

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
sweet I saw that thanks! oh and... cam corder. haha. It turns out my webcam works just fine.

so cam corder? is there another word for it? video recorder?? i dunno.. bed time

deach
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Now that you got your ukulele, there's no chance you're going to clean your room is there? :)

MGM
05-06-2008, 02:13 AM
:D I'm so happy. I just played what I remember of bubbly toes, and it sounds not too bad!

my only concern is that it seems to go out of tune rather quickly, but then again maybe thats my fault of how I'm plucking the strings. and what I mean by the pitchpipe... what is it? I can't find anything besides the chordbook, uke, and case... it seems its not in there?

Thanks! you guys are the best!

Try looking in the center compartment inside the case A pitchpipe is a small 1-1/2" x1-1/2" small plastic device you blow in with four pitches.

Vroom
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Try looking in the center compartment inside the case A pitchpipe is a small 1-1/2" x1-1/2" small plastic device you blow in with four pitches.

Whoa! thanks again MGM. by the way, extremely fast delivery! I didn't even know that was a compartment!!! such a nice case :D

seeso
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Does the inside of your case stink like feet?

Vroom
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
No dude it's got that new car smell! I love it!

Phil Major
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Vroomy,

Congrats my man... I got my first real uke today too! I had worked out a few chords and whatnot on my toy before, but the deach-special Oscar Schmidt arrived today and it is fantastic! I dont have a camera so I cant post vid until I find someone with one to borrow, but I can prolly get pics soon.

You've been really on edge waiting for this thing so I'm pretty stoked for you to get it... it looks good on you bro!

la_ingrit
05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats Vroom!!!! finally the day has come!!!!!!!!
If feels so good right!!!!!!!!!!

Look all the happiness a Ukulele can bring!!!!! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Vroom
05-06-2008, 11:22 PM
WOooo yeah thanks guys I'm deffs happy and yeah man It's been a while haha! that's sweet phil I hope you get a camera soon I wanna see u in action bro!!

Poi Dog
05-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Eduardo!!! no, that's not right. I will have to ponder that.

FYI posted my first vid! its nothing much... well haven't posted it as much as am waiting for it to upload...

and thanks!! :p

LOL... you should come up with a Sexy Hawaiian Girl name for your first uke. :D

My very first was "Loke", named after my ex-wife and another was "Pualani" - named for two things [A very sexy girl I knew and the Hawaiian Airlines logo (where I was working at the time.)] My current one is "Lani" - and I think I'll name my guitar that I have coming "Anna"! LOL

Phil Major
05-07-2008, 05:42 AM
LOL... you should come up with a Sexy Hawaiian Girl name for your first uke. :D

Its hard to give mine a sexy girl name since the name "Oscar Schmidt" is staring right at me... I think I'll let Oscar be Oscar...

HAHA