GOT MY FIRST UKE!! finally.

Vroom

Reaction score
after what seems like forever I finally got my uke! It's a makala MK-T and i love it! just tuned it (got from MGM, great deal)

question though, what is the pitch pipe that is supposed to come with? either I'm really clueless or it wasn't in there.. I had a tuner anyways so w.e

EXTREMELY HAPPY RIGHT NOW

very sad i have to work in less than 2 hours :(

post a pic and a video of it bro!!!

we want to see your new baby! haha

Oh I will! as soon as I buy a decent camera with video on it! haha. unless I can find a way to take videos with my webcam.

congrats vroom! i know it's been a long time coming so have lots of fun with your new uke. and like fred said, we'll be waiting for those rockin' videos!
cheers!

Thanks guys! yeah, I'm totally psyched. it sounds really nice too. I don't even want to know what it'd be like to play some of the legendary ukes i've seen on videos.
Yeah I will totally post some vids... after I finish at least one song! haha, I have to stop sucking so much. I don't know what to learn first!

Congrats Vroom! I bet you can take video with your webcam. Just download the manual for it.

Okay, So I took a couple pics! All my cats are afraid of my uke right now! I have six. So i will wait till I can entice them all to my uke to take a pic for that thread. haha.

quality is lacking.

8vtf94.jpg

2r7lm6o.jpg

and yeah after work or tomorrow I will try and make a video!!

These forums will be a lot more fun now that you have achieved full membership, including a sacred object of your own. You realize that it should get its own room, with an altar and candles to be lit every night at 19:14 exactly?

As for the pitch pipe, you can use that to blow a psychedelic bassline when rocking out. Either that, or match the strings to the sound from the pipe. But perhaps the ultimate purpose for pitch pipes might be to get exchanged for an electronic tuner: much faster and easier. Unfortunately, you lose the ability to blow your basslines :cool:

Btw, it looks like you've got the posture down perfectly already. Looks like we're on the same level ;)

congrats

Hey man good for you. I remember when i got my first uke..SIGH...now i am saving my pennies for a Tenor "Koaloha"....Ill put up some pics on my little cocoroach when i get her...heheh

:D I'm so happy. I just played what I remember of bubbly toes, and it sounds not too bad!

my only concern is that it seems to go out of tune rather quickly, but then again maybe thats my fault of how I'm plucking the strings. and what I mean by the pitchpipe... what is it? I can't find anything besides the chordbook, uke, and case... it seems its not in there?

Thanks! you guys are the best!

Last edited:
my only concern is that it seems to go out of tune rather quickly

probably just distending. give it a day or two, also u can try to pull the strings to stretch it out for a good minute or so.

Okay, So I took a couple pics! All my cats are afraid of my uke right now! I have six. So i will wait till I can entice them all to my uke to take a pic for that thread. haha.

quality is lacking.

8vtf94.jpg

2r7lm6o.jpg

and yeah after work or tomorrow I will try and make a video!!

what you gunna name your uke? :D

*edit*
congrats btw :)

Top Bottom