VITA UKE--Who has one?

pdxuke

Reaction score
Anybody have

THIS?

(And for Ken Middleton--can you comment on the quality of the laminate used on the back/sides?)

:iwant:

americandadroger_215.gif

I call mine Roger :)
It's a really nice Uke... LOUD
I've read its described as "vintage sound" ... can't explain it, but it does somehow sounds that way. I think it really compliments folk/country tunes.
I got mine from MGM and it is very playable - Aquila strings, low action & comfortable neck.

Last edited:
:) BTW If you want to save a few $'s on one, let me know...
...I'm having a big sell-off, and was thinking of listing mine on the sales forum.
Like new condition - mahogany back/ solid spruce front version from MGM.

Mine is a wonderful sounding ukulele - plays like a dream. A nice vintage sound. Got it from MGM. I believe the B/S laminate is thin and responsive.
I was playing it at a workshop by Fred Fallin, sitting about 3 rows back in the midst of about 30 players. Fred from the stage, stopped and said, "That is a great sounding ukulele!"

The shape makes it very comfortable also.

Last edited:
I've recently acquired my second Vita - this one was used. The fretboard desperately needed help, the nut was back to front :confused: and it came with a monster scratch on the body. With the help of some lemon oil and a sticker :uhoh: it's like new. I can't recommend these ukes enough. This one has mahogany back and sides. It fits into a concert size gig bag made by gatorcases. Ohana make a fine product

Yeah, its like a Soprano with an oversized body closer to a Concert.
I used Soprano strings on it (not bad with low G either :) )

12 frets

I have a CK-70R with the Rosewood back and sides. It arrived recently and I haven't been able to put it down. I also own a TK-25G, a TV Pal, an Empire Classic Concert and have owned a few Harmony Ukes. I have played far more expensive ukes and guitars and have some point of reference. This is becoming my go-to uke rapidly. I love the loud, rich tone and the playability. It's also a beauty. I think it would be a bit nicer with better quality tuning pegs. However, heavier tuners would likely throw off the balance of the instrument. If you want one, act now as they are flying off of the shelves. A purest might point out that the sound holes on the Smeck Vita uke more closely resembled seals as was intended, but it's still a beautiful instrument for a great price. Got mine from Elderly Instruments. They did a great job and were good to work with. Thanks.

They are extremely cool, just wish they came with a concert or even tenor neck.

I have the Clearwater Vita, which appears to be made by the same people as make Ohana's Vita. The major difference is that mine has good friction tuners, instead of the Ohana's geared tuners.

I love the big sound board driven by the bridge that is more or less right in the middle of it. And it's louder than any ukulele I've heard.

(Check out the Vita group in my sig.)

I gotta say I undertand people's enthusiasm about the Vita. The uke itself seems to have enthusiasm. As ukes go, a Tonemonster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom