Kala Solid Acacia Soprano

luvdat

Reaction score
Anyone own or try out the Kala Solid Acacia Soprano? Your thoughts/reactions?

I own one and really enjoy it. It is strung with Aquila strings, and has a very good sound. I like the look of the acacia, and the fancy inlay position markers are nice for the price. It is my travel uke that I take on business trips.

I own one and really enjoy it. It is strung with Aquila strings, and has a very good sound. I like the look of the acacia, and the fancy inlay position markers are nice for the price. It is my travel uke that I take on business trips.

Thanks for your reply. At least to your ears, how is it in terms of volume/projection?

If a vote from an owner of their acacia tenor means anything, I can say that I am really happy with mine. My only complaint is that, this being my first experience with a tenor, I miss the traditional sound a bit. I would definitely consider a matching soprano.

If a vote from an owner of their acacia tenor means anything, I can say that I am really happy with mine. My only complaint is that, this being my first experience with a tenor, I miss the traditional sound a bit. I would definitely consider a matching soprano.

Hey, you're already considering it...get one...love one.

My prediction for 2010: there will be an increase in people who go back to or rediscover the soprano ukelele.

There's a review of the Tenor on youtube.I thought it sounded really nice.But
I read that Acacia was a bit prone to cracking. What are your views on this.?

So, are you keeping the concert AND grabbing a soprano?

So, are you keeping the concert AND grabbing a soprano?

Keeping the concert and staying put for now...and as stated here on UU. ordered the concert first then did a last minute (which WAS correctly handled on the end of Ritchie's)...truly suprised how much I like a concert...did I speak too soon declaring myself a "soprano player?" Yes. I have to admit I CAN play this thing more easily and do all my "stuff."

Great uke for the price. I have one myself.. First strung it with Aquilas, but lately changed to Worth browns. Sounds à lot better..
Have fun.
Sinus

Top Bottom