First Video :)

I liked it. You've got great camera presence, and you should be encouraged that you're plucking a tune so well after just two days! Keep it up :)

You wanted constructive criticism though, this is all I could come up with: ease off on the talking yourself down, eh? :) And a minor one: maybe reorient the camera so that the sun coming in through the window isn't over-exposing... or shut a curtain or something? Apart from that, you earnt this.

Agree with the above. Well done! Looking forward to seeing Sunny Afternoon.
Its all too easy to get carried away running yourself down, I know as I am the worlds worst for this! ;)

WOW. Thanks guys :) I've played it better beforehand, but I really couldn't be bothered re-recording, haha!

@whetu: Thank you. I am an actress, so I should hope I have camera presence! Otherwise my whole career is down the drain! Oh, and there's no curtains in the room I'm in, and this is the only room with computers. Hence: dodgy irritating light.

@johncaudrey: Thank you very much :)

@shiftysquirrel: I'm looking forward to it too! I've pretty much got it down pat, I just need to get confident enough to play it on camera!

I know what you mean. I rattled out a Boomtown Rats tune and had to do about 20 takes before it became reasonable enough to "publish!"

Hey Nicky,

We have something in common. For our avatar, we used a photo of the two of us sitting on an overlook in Maui two days after we got our first ukes. It was Ron's birthday and some musician friends we were traveling with had shown me (Jeanne) how to pick out "Happy Birthday" earlier that morning. We have a video of it. The look on Ron's face when he realized what I was playing was priceless, really funny and surprised that I was able to play anything at all at that point. That was last February so we're coming up on one year since we first started to play. It took us until this past December to post our first vid on YouTube.

Good for you for jumping right into it and posting after only two days. You did great! We're looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Happy Birhtday!

@whetu: Thank you. I am an actress, so I should hope I have camera presence! Otherwise my whole career is down the drain!

The fact that I mentioned it without previously knowing your career means you're doing it right :D

Oh, and there's no curtains in the room I'm in, and this is the only room with computers. Hence: dodgy irritating light.

damn. Oh well, just try repositioning the camera - you'll want the light source behind or to the side... you might find a location that works, if not, it's not the end of the world huh? :)

(I'm assuming the camera is a seperate jobbie and not one that's built into a laptop or imac or something?)

Very awesome first vid! And excellent playing for only 2 days in. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to more.

really well done!

random question, is your name from the decemberists song?

Hello and welcome to the Uke world lol,

Well..great vid and great performance which I think is what the uke is all about...music with character and you seem to have both...

The rest is just learning...read music or tab or both...learn a few chords.. a couple of scales and enjoy what you can do with what you have...

I'm a learner and in no rush and enjoying the ride...look forward to more performances,

That's the view of a fellow beginner anyway...no doubt an expert can correct it lol,

http://www.youtube.com/user/freackykit

Chris

You did good. You'll do fine from here on out, no doubt. lol, keep practicing. Keep sending in your videos.

Top Bottom